A healthy lifestyle also keeps the heart fit. A balanced diet with the following foods protects your most important organ.
If you have high blood pressure, you should pay special attention to your heart. Regular checks by the doctor and, if the blood pressure is too high, also perfectly adjusted medication are a must. But every patient can also do a lot by himself: through a healthy lifestyle.
These 10 foods prevent cardiovascular diseases
Ten hypotensive foods
To the photo gallery
Important rules that strengthen your heart
Diet plays a very important role in this. The German Hypertension League has established the following nutritional rules that can not only help hypertension patients. The following amounts are also recommended for heart-healthy people:
- a maximum of six grams of table salt per day (for comparison: a frozen pizza already contains six grams of salt; 100 grams of bread contains 1.25 grams of table salt),
- don't drink alcohol every day and if you do, only 30 grams a day,
- eat sea fish twice a week (contains many omega-3 fatty acids),
- ingest more potassium (up to five grams per day) (contained in fruits, vegetables, potatoes),
- eat more fiber ,
- reduce your cholesterol intake to less than 300 milligrams a day,
- maximum 80 grams of fat per day,
- use high-quality vegetable fats with mono- or polyunsaturated fatty acids (e.g. olive or linseed oil),
- and eat a maximum of twice a week meat (preferably game and poultry).
High blood pressure ? This crease on the ear shows how healthy your heart is .
Survey on the subject
High-fiber foods protect against heart attacks
Scientists at Harvard University have investigated how important a high-fiber diet is for us. In their study, they concluded that people who ate at least 70 grams of whole grains a day were 20 percent less likely to die from a cardiovascular disease such as a heart attack or cancer .
The German Nutrition Society recommends eating around 30 grams of fiber a day . This corresponds to three slices of whole grain bread, a portion of fruit muesli, two to three medium-sized potatoes, two medium-sized carrots, two kohlrabi heads, an apple and a portion of red groats.
And choosing the right drinks also helps to lower blood pressure. So scientists from the University of Cambridge came to the conclusion that conventional chamomile tea is a good remedy for high blood pressure !
You can see more about the perfect hypertension drink in the video:
More heart attacks - this is how immense diesel exhaust gases damage the heart.
Read more : Novel blood pressure app promises unbelievable: face alone should reveal high blood pressure.
jg / Video: glomex
This is the best way to prevent arteriosclerosis and thus a heart attack
To the photo gallery