- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click here to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to email a friend (Opens in a new window)
Can we trust the coronavirus figures? 2:06
(CNN Spanish) - The government of Argentina reported on Saturday, through a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that the evacuation of Argentine citizens in Wuhan, China, the city where the coronavirus outbreak began, is being coordinated next Tuesday.
There are 14 Argentines in Wuhan, the Foreign Ministry spokesman told CNN.
According to the statement, the Argentines will leave Wuhan "on a prepared flight" by the Ukrainian government and that "leaves on the 18th and plans to return to Kiev the next day, where passengers must be quarantined for two weeks."
- MORE: Minute by minute of the coronavirus: more than 1,600 deaths and 69,000 cases worldwide
"Our Embassy in Beijing is already moving forward with the necessary procedures for Argentines who are in that locality and who wish to join this displacement," explains the Foreign Ministry text.
"Once again this Foreign Ministry expresses its gratitude to the Ukrainian Government for their generosity and to the Government of China for their collaboration in this invaluable action."