According to a Lebanese newspaper close to Hezbollah, Israel has gifted the improvement of the economic and humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip by returning prisoners • A Hamas delegation has arrived in Cairo
The date on which the grant will enter has not yet been set
Reuters - Archive
Israel has agreed to transfer two beats of the Qatari grant to the Gaza Strip next week, the Lebanese newspaper al-Akhbar, which is close to Hezbollah, reported this morning (Tuesday).
It was also written that the agreement came as a result of talks held by senior Israeli officials with their Qatari counterparts.
It has not yet been determined when the grant will go in, which will be distributed to one hundred thousand families, with each family receiving one hundred dollars.
According to the report, the escalation in the Gaza Strip is renewed at the same time as the delay in implementing the lull agreements with Israel.
It was alleged that al-Zawari and Barak, backed by Hamas and Islamic Jihad, had begun firing explosive and incendiary balloons.
It was also reported that the arrival of the Qatari grant is two weeks late, and that Israel is still linking any improvement in the economic and humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip with the return of the victims Hadar Goldin and Oron Shaul.
In this context, we would like to mention that on October 6, a distribution of $ 10 million to one hundred thousand families has already begun.
A report in the Lebanese newspaper stated that a delegation of senior Hamas figures arrived in Cairo yesterday.
As reported in the Arab media, the delegation is headed by the deputy head of the Politburo, Salah Aruri, and was joined by Khalil al-Haya, the deputy of Hamas leader in Gaza Yahya Sinwar.
Al-Akhbar learned that the purpose of the visit was to please the Egyptian authorities in light of their anger over the holding of the Palestinian conference in Turkey.
At the same time, sources told the newspaper that Hamas was seeking to pressure Egypt to reopen the Rafah crossing that had been closed for most of the time since last March, with the spread of the corona plague.
Sources claimed that Egypt was delaying the opening of the crossing for no apparent reason, so Hamas understood that this was a move designed to put pressure on it.
In addition, Hamas sources revealed to al-Akhbar that during talks with Egypt regarding talks with Fatah, a proposal will be made to draw up a new memorandum of understanding between the organizations, mediated by Cairo, similar to the 2017 agreement. Yesterday, the secretary general of the Fatah Central Committee said Jabril Rajoub that such an agreement is expected in the coming days. However, Hamas has already complained about the delay in reconciliation. This is due to the desire of Palestinian Authority Chairman Abu Mazen to wait for the results of the US presidential election, and his expectation that Democratic candidate Joe Biden will win, which may renew the prospect of negotiations with Israel and cause Abu Mazen to recalculate its course.