Written by: Li Enci
Last update date: 2020-11-30 21:01
The Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health announced today (30th) that a man and two women cooked recently purchased mushrooms into risotto. They developed symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea about 2 to 4 hours after eating. They are suspected of causing food poisoning. The condition is stable after treatment.
The Centre for Health Protection is still investigating the shops and mushroom varieties involved, and the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department is tracing the source of the food.
The suspected food poisoning cases involve one man and two women, aged between 16 and 52, who are relatives.
They cooked their recently purchased mushrooms into risotto on the 28th of this month. They developed vomiting and diarrhea about 2 to 4 hours after eating.
The patient went to Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital for medical treatment yesterday (29th). The condition is stable.
The CHP investigation is still investigating the shops and mushroom varieties involved.
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department stated that after receiving notification of the incident from the Centre for Health Protection, it immediately dispatched staff to the relevant premises for investigation and had taken food samples for laboratory tests.
The Centre for Food Safety is tracing the source of the food.
A CHP spokesperson said that food poisoning caused by eating mushrooms is generally acute.
Symptoms usually include intestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain within a short period of time after eating.
Depending on different mushroom species, patients may also experience profuse sweating, hallucinations, coma or other neurological symptoms and liver failure. In severe cases, death is more likely to occur.
The public should buy mushrooms from reputable and reliable suppliers. Do not buy mushrooms that are suspected of being mixed with unknown species. They should also refrain from picking wild mushrooms for eating because it is difficult for the public to distinguish whether these mushrooms are suitable for consumption.
▼The epidemic prevention measures will be tightened from December 3▼
4 people suspected of food poisoning at Jordan Le Tang Chicken Noodle Shop
Food Poisoning | At least 7 Families in Heilongjiang Caused by Excessive "Aflamycin" in the Freezer for One Year
Five people suspected of being involved in food poisoning in the North Point Times Ice Chamber had diarrhea, fever and other symptoms after eating eggs
9 people ate the Kowloon Bay School Food Blooming Mari takeaway omelet rice suspected of food poisoning
A total of 17 suspected food poisoning cases at Tuen Mun Harbour Restaurant have vomited after serving lobster noodles with eclipse
7 people are unwell in stable condition in case of food poisoning taking out food from Zhuoerju Harbour Restaurant in Tuen Mun
Food Poisoning Centre for Health Protection Food and Environmental Hygiene Department