Beaten in Dortmund (2-1) in the round of 16 first leg of the Champions League, three weeks ago, PSG will have to raise its level of play, this Wednesday evening (21 hours), at the Parc des Princes, during a match that will take place behind closed doors. Here are some figures around this meeting.
2. The English referee Anthony Taylor has already led two games of PSG in the Champions League and Paris won twice: 2-0 against Shakhtar Donetsk in 2015 and 3-0 against Real Madrid, last September .
3. In its last seven knockout stages of the Champions League, PSG remains on three eliminations: against Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United.
4. It has been four years since Paris has reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League. In 2016, PSG eliminated Chelsea in the eighth (2-1, 2-1).
5. This eighth-final Champions League return will be the fifth closed-door game of PSG. In the past, Paris has already played in front of empty stands twice at home (against Bastia in 2005 and Boulogne in 2010) and twice outside (in Nice and Auxerre in 2010).
5. PSG have qualified for the European Cup five times out of the eight confrontations in which they lost on the away leg.
PSG ExpressThe essential newsletter for Parisian supporters
Your email address is collected by Le Parisien to allow you to receive our news and commercial offers. Find out more
18. PSG have scored at least one goal in their last 18 Champions League games at Parc des Princes.
30. Top Parisian goalscorer with his 200 achievements in all competitions, Edinson Cavani has 30 goals in the Champions League. If it is as expected holder for the first time of the season in this competition, El Matador will have the opportunity to increase its lead. Behind him, except Ibrahimovic with 20 goals, Mbappé and Neymar are 13 goals.
58. Even if he is suspended, Marco Verratti will remain the record player of matches played in the Champions League this evening in the Paris jersey. If he had been fit, Thiago Silva would have matched this figure. Logically, it is Cavani (53 games currently) and Marquinhos (51) who will increase their total.
1000. PSG have conceded 999 goals in all competitions at home since 1970 for a record of 1,160 matches, 727 victories, 266 draws and 167 defeats. He scored 2,326 goals. It remains to be hoped that he will not cash the 1000th tonight which would force him to win at least 3-1 to hope to qualify.