Pôle emploi has opened an investigation following a leak of personal data concerning job seekers, the public operator told AFP on Thursday, confirming press information.
We are still carrying out our investigation,
" we said at Pôle Emploi, without further clarification.
Also requested by AFP, the National Commission for Informatics and Freedoms (Cnil) confirmed that a data breach notification was being investigated regarding this data breach.
Read also: Cyber attacks: why your health data is so fragile and coveted
An advertisement for the sale of a database from the pole-emploi.fr site was posted last week on a specialized forum, and was no longer accessible on Thursday, AFP noted.
In the ad, the hacker claimed to have "
", or even "
" of "
1.2 million entries
Neither the CNIL nor Pôle emploi wanted to confirm this figure.
The hacker retracted Wednesday afternoon by posting a message on the forum in which he apologized. “
In such a difficult period, organizations like Pôle emploi are of great benefit to our society, and I have decided not to ruin their reputation. The French unemployed can sleep peacefully, no one is going to steal their identity,
”he said in a post in English.