There will always be more than one who, following the usual routine, gets up this Friday, has breakfast and then decides to go to "do the benches". But be careful, December 8 is a holiday, it is the day of the Virgin Mary and for this reason, too, the tree is assembled.
What happens then if a bill is due or if someone needs to take out cash to move.
The holiday comes just before Javier Milei takes office as president of the Argentines. He takes office on Sunday, December 10. For the markets, the only reference will be what happens with Argentine stocks (ADRs) that trade on Wall Street.
Holiday: How to Trade
To make transactions this Friday, December 8, 2023, users can use the digital channels that will operate with absolute normality. "Remember that you can do #PagosConTransferencia with bank #BilleterasDigitales and apps, use the #Homebanking in addition to the #TarjetaDeDébito and #CajerosAutomáticos for different operations," the Central Bank always reminds in its account on the X network.
Another point to remember is that the home banking of banks is available 24 hours a day to make transfers, payments, consultations, and more.
To withdraw money from the ATM, you have to take into account that since there is no clearing and it is a weekend of 3 days of inactivity, it may be that at the time of going there is no longer a sufficient withdrawal limit or that there is no money. But to get cash, the user can go to other channels enabled for this purpose such as pharmacies, supermarkets, gas stations, and others.
Other Access Channels
- E-wallets: associated with the various banks. Through them you can make transfers, purchases in stores, payments and top-ups.
- ATMs: they operate 24 hours a day and are distributed in the different municipalities.
- Extra Cash: this is the option to withdraw cash when paying with debit cards offered by various merchants, whose sums are capped daily.
Alternatives to Going Cashless
- E-wallets: in-store payments, service payments, transfers, transfer payments.
- Debit & Credit Card: Payments at Merchants
- ATMs: transfers and payments for services and taxes
- Home banking and mobile banking: transfers and payments with transfers; payments for services and taxes.
What about the dollar
It should be remembered that, just as there will be no stock markets or bonds, the exchange rate will not be active either.
Then, there will be no movement in the official dollar, the wholesale dollar, or the MEP. The blue dollar will also not reflect movements on holidays, weekends or non-working days.
The only reference for local investors will be the markets abroad, on Wall Street the Argentine ADRs operate.