The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

E-scooter battery apparently causes apartment fire in Munich

2019-09-18T15:16:32.982Z

In Munich ten people suffered smoke inhalation in a household fire. The battery of an e-scooter had ignited suddenly, police said.




An e-scooter has triggered a fire in a Munich apartment building, police said. The battery of the privately used vehicle had "ignited" abruptly, the authority said.

The fire had broken out in the morning in an apartment on the second floor of the nine-story building and was extinguished after half an hour, according to the fire department.

More than 90 people had fled to the firefighters themselves into the open, ten people were treated for smoke poisoning. The property damage amounts to 200,000 euros, it was said by the police.

Source: spiegel

You may like

News/Politics 2019-09-08T15:13:26.703Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-14T11:04:53.470Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-12T19:13:58.316Z

Trends 24h

Life/Entertain 2019-11-21T17:50:10.869Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-21T06:04:57.536Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-21T01:46:57.564Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-21T11:49:57.886Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy