After a fatal underground strike in Berlin-Kreuzberg, a judge has issued a warrant for murder against a 26-year-old. The police said on Sunday.
Investigators arrested the man on Saturday night at his address in Berlin Wannsee. According to the information further testimonies and intensive investigations of the murder commission in the drug scene at the Kottbusser gate had led the police on the track of the man. The suspect has not commented on the charge, it was said. He is in custody. The investigation continued.
In the case of the 30-year-old who crashed in front of a train at the Kottbusser Tor subway station on the night of 29 to 30 October 2019 and was fatally injured, a judge issued a warrant for murder against a 26-year-old today. @GStABerlin
^ yt https://t.co/8OuCp40jIZ pic.twitter.com/Eet6vHPo3n
Previously, on Saturday, a suspicious man was released. There is no urgent suspicion, it said. The man had an alibi for the time of the crime. In addition, contradictions would have emerged in the testimony, such as the time information. The video material was of moderate quality. The subway station Kottbusser Tor is monitored by cameras.
In the night of Wednesday, a 30-year-old Iranian had been hit in front of a subway. He was so badly injured by the incoming train in the underground station of the U8 that he died on the spot. Earlier, according to police on the platform there should have been a dispute between the victim and a companion and a larger group to which the perpetrator belonged.
The background of the dispute on the platform are still the subject of the investigation. However, they may currently be linked to drug-related crime. The police said that the victim had lived in Berlin and was known to the authorities for drug offenses.
There are regular dealers and addicts in the subway station. The Kottbusser Tor, also called "Kotti" in Berlin, is one of the so-called crime-prone places for the police. Drugs have been sold there for decades, such as heroin.