Under certain conditions, the state provides training for short-time workers. What affected people should know.
- The short-time work allowance is increased. But workers should not only know that.
- Under certain conditions, there is also money from the state, for example for further training and courses .
- What those affected should know - and how to apply for help.
Short-time work benefits are increased - those affected should ask about additional offers
The Coron Crisis * leads to massive economic losses. By April 26, Germany's companies had registered short-time work for 10.1 million people . The Federal Employment Agency in Nuremberg announced this record value . The leaders of the grand coalition had agreed on April 23 to increase the short-time work allowance in order to alleviate the consequences of the Corona crisis * on particularly affected workers.
Those affected can count on these benefits: previously, short-time work benefits * had been 60 percent and 67 percent, respectively. Now it should be increased for those who have reduced their working hours by at least 50 percent from the fourth month to 70 percent (77 percent for parents) and from the seventh month to 80 percent (87 percent for parents). That should apply at the latest until the end of the year . The additional earnings opportunities for short-time workers will be expanded from May 1 to December 31 to the full amount of the previous monthly income.
Minister of Labor Hubertus Heil (SPD) prepared the following sample calculation: A family with one child, they work full-time and he works part-time, receives EUR 4,100 net per month. Both go into short-time work. According to the old rule, both would get 2700 euros, according to the new in the final stage 3,500 euros.
Read more here : Short-time work allowance is increased: this applies to employees and the self-employed
Offers for employees in short-time work - these are the conditions
What many do not yet know: Under certain conditions, the state also provides further training for employees in short-time work . SZ Online reports: According to the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, employees could be "fully or partially funded" if the following conditions were met:
- The further training imparts knowledge and skills that go beyond "job-related adaptation training".
- The grant holder's professional qualification was acquired at least four years ago.
- In the past four years before the application, the employee did not take part in further vocational training funded under Social Security Code III.
- The training measure takes place outside the company and takes more than 160 hours.
- The measure and the sponsor of the further training are approved for funding and the employees are affected by the structural change or strive for further training in bottleneck occupations. This can be deviated from in companies with less than 250 employees.
Here you will learn : Corona, children, chaos: This is how employers can help parents at least financially
Courses and training for employees in short-time work
The tip, SZ Online reports, also: Both employers and the employees themselves could contact the employment agency - afterwards they will check whether support is possible.
If necessary, this is implemented in concrete terms: "If the result is positive, they receive vouchers that they can redeem at a carrier approved for the respective funding," says sz.de. You can then search for suitable courses and further training in the training and further education database of the employment agency .
Read here : Aldi Süd: With this measure, the discounter wants to limit the number of customers in the store
Career information centers can also help with further training
Another way is through the Vocational Information Centers (BIS), which can help with further training, where employees can find out about further training without an appointment, writes sz.de. Because of the current restrictions, it makes sense in any case to find out in advance whether the job in question is currently open.
Also interesting : Working with 55 less: This is how this dream comes true - and you have so much money
Sources: SZ Online, dpa
Curious: The funniest office notices on the net
To the photo gallery
* Merkur.de is part of the nationwide Ippen editorial network.
List of rubric lists: © picture alliance / Andreas Geber