The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Covid-19 at school: should the canteens be closed?

2021-02-28T19:55:25.417Z

While the pupils are subjected during this new school year to a massive screening, the refectories, where the children hide, so



This is the ultimate hypothesis, which would perhaps pose "more problems than it would solve", we slip to the Ministry of National Education ... but which always comes back as soon as we seek a solution against the epidemic.

Closing the canteens, the only place where students hide, sputter, share a pitcher of water, is it the last resort before deciding to close schools?

"It is a place

a priori

dangerous since the barrier gestures fall", summarizes Bertrand Maury, mathematician, specialist in modeling in the school environment.

“44% of children infected are infected by other adults in the family unit, but what about the remaining 56%?

recently asked Christophe Batard, pediatrician in Vincennes (Val-de-Marne).

I don't see how the canteen wouldn't represent a large percentage.

"

READ ALSO> Saliva

tests: the last chance before schools close?


There remains the social cost, especially in working-class neighborhoods where the canteen represents for many children "the only correct and balanced meal of the week", notes a principal of Seine-Saint-Denis.

In Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône), a popular city, 2,000 pupils benefit from the free canteen for financial reasons.

"To deprive them of it would be an obvious discrimination", comments a teacher of priority education zone.

So, at the ministry, we confirm: “It's no… for now.

"

Sensors to think about ventilating the classrooms

In the short term, many specialists agree that one of the “quick and achievable” levers to prevent establishments from closing is ventilation.

Bertrand Maury, who is part of a group of researchers, “Projet Co2”, explains: “We must install Co2 detectors in schools: it's fast, not very expensive, and it has not yet been done. in large scale ".

What is it for?

“To measure the level of Co2, that is to say the carbon dioxide, in particular contained in the air that we exhale.

The more Co2 there is in the air in a room, the more it is stale and potentially saturated with Covid-19, the researcher develops.

A detector would make it possible to know if the room is frequentable and when it is necessary to ventilate and ventilate.

"

Source: leparis

All life articles on 2021-02-28

You may like

News/Politics 2021-02-21T18:46:27.492Z
News/Politics 2021-02-22T18:40:21.397Z

Trends 24h

Life/Entertain 2021-04-11T19:52:46.529Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy