Dangerous bacteria were recently found in the popular “Irish Porter Cheddar” from the Cahills brand.
Consumption is now strongly advised against.
Warsaw - The Polish cheese manufacturer Euroser Dairy Group is recalling the cheese with the product name “Irish Porter Cheddar” from the Cahills brand.
Customers should either dispose of the popular cheese themselves or bring it back to the point of sale.
The cheese was available both over cheese counters and already sliced in the self-service area.
In an investigation, so-called Listeria monocytogenes - bacteria from the Listeria family - were found in the cheddar.
If you have already purchased the cheddar, the Euroser Dairy Group strongly warns against consuming the cheese.
The following batches are explicitly affected:
Article: Cahills Irish Porter cheddar, kg
Best before: 12.11.2021
Article: Cahills Irish Porter cheddar
Batch: FP7751 Best
Food recall: what happens now?
In the event of a recall of this type, extreme caution is required.
In the first step, the shops and supermarkets take the product out of their own sales so that more faulty goods are not passed on to the consumer.
In the next step, the companies usually use notices in the store to inform them about the callback and what to do next.
But it doesn't hurt to keep yourself informed on a regular basis.
The catastrophe warning app Katwarn sends a push notification to all users in particularly critical cases.
Recall of a product: what do I do as a consumer?
However, if you have already bought the product, the first step is to stop consuming the product.
You can either dispose of it yourself or bring it back to the shop where you bought it and usually get your money back even without a receipt.
How the respective business is proceeded here can be read on the notice on site.
It was only recently that a cheese from a German brand had to be removed from the range of several grocery sellers because dangerous bacteria were also detected there.
Irregularities were also found in a popular type of ice cream: the ice cream contained a toxic chemical.