Vaccination obligation and third dose;
extension of the vaccine obligation to new categories;
creation of the Super Green pass starting from 6 December;
strengthening of controls and promotional campaigns on vaccination.
These are the four areas of intervention envisaged in the decree law passed today which dictates "urgent measures" to prevent the pandemic from spreading and the country to stop.
- The decree law provides for the extension of the vaccination obligation to the third dose for health professionals starting from 15 December next and with the exclusion of the possibility of being assigned to different tasks. Furthermore, please note that the advance of the third dose is already allowed 5 months after the second. The government also announced its intention to open the third dose to over 18s from 1 December and expressed its intention to start vaccination campaigns, if authorized, for the 5-12 age group.
OBLIGATION FOR PROF AND ORDER FORCES
- After the health categories, the vaccination obligation is also extended to all school staff and that of the defense, security and public rescue sector. The Government has set December 15 as the date on which compulsory immunization comes into effect. In detail, the new categories involved will be health administrative staff, school teachers and administrative staff, military, police forces (including the penitentiary police) and public aid personnel.
ENHANCED GREEN PASS
the Green pass is reduced from the current 12 to 9 months.
The Green pass obligation is extended to other sectors: hotels; changing rooms for sports activities; regional and interregional rail transport services; local public transport services. Starting from December 6, the reinforced Green pass arrives: it is valid only for those who are vaccinated or cured and is used to access activities that would otherwise be subject to restrictions in the yellow zone. The areas are shows, spectators of sporting events, indoor catering, parties and discos, public ceremonies.
In case of passage in the orange zone, the restrictions and limitations do not apply, but only the holders of the reinforced Green pass can access the activities. From 6 December 2021 and until 15 January 2022 it is envisaged that the reinforced Green Pass for carrying out activities, which would otherwise be subject to restrictions in the yellow zone, must also be used in the white zone. In the white area, however, the pass obtained with the swab to access outdoor restaurants, gyms, swimming pools and sports activities in general will also be valid.
- The decree provides for a strengthening of the control system: within 3 days of the entry into force of the legislative decree, the Prefects hear the Provincial Order and Safety Committee and within 5 days they adopt the new control plan, at the provincial level, involving all the forces police. These are "constant" checks of which the prefectures are obliged to draw up a weekly report to be sent to the Ministry of the Interior.
- The question has been raised but the government has not intervened on the point, so the provisions in force up to now apply.
In the white area, the mask is not mandatory outdoors, but must be worn in all closed places other than your home, including public transport (airplanes, trains, buses) and in all situations in which the interpersonal distancing or gatherings are possible.
Instead, it is mandatory outdoors and indoors in the yellow, orange and red areas.
PADS AND CERTIFICATE
- For the purposes of the Green pass, both the types and the duration of the tests are confirmed.
The Certificate remains valid in the event of a negative molecular swab carried out in the preceding 72 hours or rapid in the preceding 48 hours.