The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Hagen: 17-year-old accused of attack plan on synagogue

2022-01-18T17:12:52.230Z

A young Syrian is said to have planned an attack on the Hagen synagogue. The suspect has lived in Germany since 2015. The jihadist militia "Islamic State" is said to have motivated him to implement the plan.



Enlarge image

Synagogue in Hagen: Charges brought against 17-year-old Syrian – he is said to have planned an attack

Photo: Roberto Pfeil / dpa

The public prosecutor's office in Düsseldorf has accused a 17-year-old Syrian of suspected plans to attack the synagogue in Hagen.

She accuses him of preparing a serious act of violence that is dangerous to the state, a spokesman said on Tuesday.

The jihadist militia "Islamic State" (IS) instructed him to carry out the planned attack.

According to the investigators, the young person is said to have communicated via the messenger service "Telegram" with a person who taught him how to make explosive devices.

In September last year, the police received indications of a possible threat to the synagogue in Hagen.

Heavily armed police officers then surrounded the church.

A hundred were in action, the area around the building was cordoned off.

In connection with the allegedly Islamist-motivated attack plans, an arrest warrant was issued against the then 16-year-old suspect.

According to SPIEGEL information, the young person entered Germany via Beirut in the spring of 2015 – as part of the so-called family reunification.

At that time, his father had already been living in Hagen for a few months with protection status and was officially recognized as a refugee shortly afterwards.

has/dpa/afp

Source: spiegel

All life articles on 2022-01-18

You may like

Life/Entertain 2022-03-28T13:59:53.597Z
Life/Entertain 2022-05-18T16:27:13.441Z

Trends 24h

Life/Entertain 2022-05-23T08:17:53.855Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy