The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Contaminated chitterlings: "They told him it was pressure and to eat candy", the story of the brother of one of the dead


Sergio told what the symptoms were and how the disease developed in his brother, after eating meat contaminated with salmonella and shiguella.

While the shock over the death of two men after consuming meat and offal in poor condition in Berazategui still persists, the brothers of one of them told what he experienced from the moment he began to feel bad.

Last Thursday it was learned that two men, aged 36 and 48, had died on January 12 and 17 after appearing at the Evita Pueblo Hospital with separate symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting that worsened as the hours passed.

The municipality of Berazategui explained that, after the first analyzes carried out by the Food Science department, "the fecal matter cultures showed the presence of shigella and salmonella" and that the two deceased people "stated that they had consumed meat and offal days before the appearance of the symptoms”.

Sergio and Laura, brothers of Ariel -the first fatality-, told how the disease developed in their brother from the moment he had the first symptoms until the fatal outcome.

"My brother meets with another of my brothers to eat a barbecue.

He ate something that did not taste good, he did not eat it because he spit it out

. That was on Saturday. On Sunday morning

he begins to feel diarrhea and vomiting

", he told during an interview with the IP news channel.

As the symptoms persisted, with increasing severity, "he went to a first aid room, where

they told him it was nothing and they sent him home

. In the afternoon, he went back to the Evita Pueblo hospital and they told him he had the blood pressure drops a bit,

he should eat a piece of candy, which was nothing

. And they send him home".

However, instead of abating, the malaise continued to worsen.

"The next day he began to faint and continued with diarrhea and vomiting. He could not speak. They urgently took him to Evita Pueblo again, and there they told him that

if they took him an hour later he would die

," Sergio said. .

That Monday, at the hospital they decided to leave Ariel hospitalized to closely follow the evolution of his condition: "The next day the studies come out and everything went well. He told them what he had eaten, if it could be that, and they told him no. That this had been coming for a while, that it couldn't be that".

At the Evita Pueblo Hospital, the two people infected with spoiled meat died.

Photo: Facebook.

Ariel's clinical picture continued to worsen with the passing of the hours.

"Tuesday night they have to do dialysis. That day he decompensates a bit, and they induce a coma. He was like that all day Wednesday, until

Thursday morning he had three cardiac arrests and finally died," he

said. Sergio, still shocked by the quick outcome.

Laura intervenes and adds to the surprise that what happened with her brother caused them: "We did not expect this outcome. Yes, when they told us that there was multiple organic failure. That's right, they already prepared us for the worst. It was very fast, because When he came in with cardiac arrest,

my mom wanted to see him and we found that he had passed away


What remained a mystery was what had been the cause of death.

And that was revealed a few days later, when the results of some additional analyzes were ready.

"Eight days after the death, they call us from Bromatology saying that it had been due to these two bacteria that he had died. They should give them

the address where he had bought the things to go and close

. They immediately fall and close" the butcher shop where they came from the products that Ariel had ingested in the tragic barbecue.

Laura adds that "he had the two bacteria that are extremely aggressive, they invade the body quickly."

And Sergio still does not come out of his stupor for what he had to live and emphasizes that Ariel had no previous health problems: "My brother was a healthy, healthy person. He had nothing." 

look too

Shigella and Salmonella: what they are, how they differ, symptoms and how to prevent infection

They discover a fungus that would fight diarrhea, pneumonia and meningitis

Source: clarin

All life articles on 2023-01-28

You may like

Life/Entertain 2023-02-02T11:30:18.330Z
Life/Entertain 2023-03-05T09:43:18.403Z
Life/Entertain 2023-03-03T15:30:32.558Z

Trends 24h

Life/Entertain 2023-03-28T22:36:58.160Z
Life/Entertain 2023-03-28T22:42:47.333Z
Life/Entertain 2023-03-28T18:18:43.400Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.