They make narrow triangles out of them and then roll them into Rogelach (Photo: Alon Mesika)
Is there a pastry more beloved by us Israelis than Rogelach? I don't think so. Anything more fun than making a nice pan of warm Rogelach for the whole house? I'm sure there isn't. The combination of cocoa and halva paste is a real grind, even if you're not such a true halva fan (like me).
Let's also make perfect homemade cheeses
Ingredients for dough:
- 350 g white flour
- 1 L-sized egg
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 100 grams of butter cut into small cubes.
Ingredients for filling:
- Quality cocoa for dispersion
- Halva Spread
- To brush before baking: beaten egg with a tablespoon of milk
More in Walla!
How Can Catheterization Help Prevent Critical Medical Events?
Presented by Shahal
For brushing after baking:
1/3 cup maple syrup diluted with 3 cups boiling water.
Yes, at home. Rogelach halva and chocolate (Photo: Alon Mesika)
1. In a mixer bowl with a kneading hook, place flour, yeast, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and lukewarm milk, knead on medium speed for about 4 minutes and gradually add the butter. Apply for about 7 minutes until a uniform and elastic dough is obtained.
2. Transfer the dough to a slightly greased and covered bowl and let rise for about an hour and a half. It can also be covered in a night bag in the fridge.
3. After leavening, divide the dough ball into two parts.
4. Roll out each part on a slightly floured surface into a rectangular leaf as wide and thin as possible.
5. Spread halva paste on half of the leaf and sprinkle over cocoa using a sieve. Fold over the other half of the leaf and gently tighten with a rolling pin.
6. Using a pizza roller, create thin triangles and roll into your rogue the size you like.
7. Place spaced on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush with a beaten egg with a tablespoon of milk. Let rise for about 20 minutes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes.
9. As soon as they are golden, remove and brush with maple diluted with water.
- Your calmness