A freshness perfect for the hot season. Green papaya salad (Photo: PR)
Chef Idan Lifshitz from Chang Ba Restaurant brings us a recipe for Thai papaya salad - perfect for the hot season, full of flavors and easy to prepare.
If once it was difficult to get all the ingredients and spices, today on every shelf designated for the Far East in the supermarket you will find everything you need. You'll find green papaya in the markets, or at the greengrocers who will be happy to provide it for you.
Don't you have a crater and Ali? Put all the ingredients for seasoning in a strong plastic bag and use the good old schnitzel hammer or rolling pin.
- 1 tablespoon chopped palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts (ground)
- 4 tablespoons poached green beans cut into halves
- 2 cherry date tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili
- A handful of green papaya cut into thin strips
1. Crush in a mortar and leaves half the amount of peanuts, palm sugar, fish sauce and chopped chili.
2. Add the remaining peanuts and continue to crush.
3. In a bowl place the papaya, beans and tomatoes and season with the sauce that we crushed.
4. Transfer to a plate and serve.
- The Art of Cooking