Status: 18.09.2023, 19:37 p.m.
By: Vivian Werg
The wait is over: Apple is rolling out the new iOS 17 operating system. Find out what new features it offers and which iPhones it is compatible with.
Munich – With the new iPhone 15, Apple is also launching a new operating system: iOS 17. Despite a significant increase in the price of the new smartphones, millions of people worldwide are eagerly awaiting the latest generation of iPhones.
Buying a new iPhone can be expensive. Therefore, the free updates of the latest iOS version are particularly pleasing for existing iPhone owners. As Apple announces on its website, the update will be introduced in Germany on Monday (September 18) with numerous new features. We have summarized below what new features and improvements the new operating system offers and which devices are compatible with it.
Apple's iOS17: You can use it on this iPhone
In Germany, the expected launch for iOS 17 is on Monday evening. Although Apple does not specify an exact time, updates are usually available from 19 p.m., as reported by the technology portal Inside Digital. iPhone users can then download the update on their own. To do this, they simply have to follow this path: Settings – General – Software Update.
If the iPhone model supports the latest operating system, iOS 17 will appear there after it is released. The update is started via "Download and Install". Once downloaded, a reboot will take place and iOS 17 will be installed. For a successful installation of the update, a full battery and a stable internet connection are recommended. The new operating system is compatible with the following devices:
|iPhone 14||iPhone 12 Pro|
|iPhone 14 Plus||iPhone 12 Pro Max|
|iPhone 14 Pro||iPhone 11|
|iPhone 14 Pro Max||iPhone 11 Pro|
|iPhone 13||Phone 11 Pro Max|
|iPhone 13 mini||iPhone XS|
|iPhone 13 Pro||iPhone XS Max|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||iPhone XR|
|iPhone 12||iPhone SE|
|iPhone 12 mini||Source: Apple DE→EN|
These are the main updates and features of iOS 17:
- Transcription of voice messages: Voice messages are now converted to text. So you can read them immediately and play them later.
- New way to share and view locations: Share your location or ask for that of your friends using the plus button. Shared locations are visible directly in your chat.
- Inform others of your safe arrival: With the "Companion" function, friends or family members are automatically informed when you have reached your destination.
- Faster finding of messages: Apple is adding new jump labels to quickly navigate to unread messages.
- All iMessage apps in one place: Tap the new plus button to see everything you've sent the most - photos, voice messages, location.
- Sharing by holding devices together: Just hold your phones side by side to start the transfer with AirDrop. This also works to start a SharePlay session.
- Even more precise auto-correction: Auto-corrected words are temporarily underlined so you can see what's changed. A simple tap is enough to return to the original word.
- All stickers in one place: In the new sticker box, you'll have access to all your live stickers, emojis, Memojis, and other sticker packs. Your stickers sync with iCloud, so they're available on all other Apple devices.
- Poster on calls: Determine what others see when you call. iPhone users can now create full-screen-sized posters that will appear on other iPhone users when you call them.
- Safari: Browse Safari with different profiles for different areas such as work and home.
- Source: Apple DE→EN
However, Apple with the iPhone is also affected by the downturn in smartphones and computers. Most recently, the company sold fewer devices, but benefited from hundreds of millions of customers of the digital offerings. (viwe)
Traffic light coalition causes price hammer – "All consumers will have to pay more from December"
Vitamin B12 and its risks: how to dose the supplement correctly
Numerous users want to get rid of them: New WhatsApp function rolled out in 150 countries
Rewe sells 0.5 litres of soft drink for 12.99 euros – foreign countries are surprised
Telekom, Vodafone and Co. illegally gave data to the credit bureau: How to get damages of 5000 euros
Fancy a voyage of discovery?
This article, written by the editors, used machine support. The article was carefully reviewed by editor Sarah Neumeyer before publication.