Status: 21/09/2023, 21:31 p.m.
By: Vivian Werg
Stomach ache or flatulence after breakfast - despite healthy foods? – It may be because of that.
Kassel – Everyone has their own morning routine with which they start the day full of energy. For some, nothing works without a cup of coffee to wake up, for others, breakfast is indispensable. The right breakfast can help you lose weight and even melt annoying belly fat. Even an unusual coffee ingredient can do a lot of good for your health.
A representative survey conducted by the opinion research institute YouGov on behalf of the German Press Agency showed that breakfast is the most important meal of the day for the majority. According to the German Nutrition Society (DGE), a healthy breakfast should above all be varied and diverse. But there are certain foods that are not well tolerated on an empty stomach.
Certain foods are not well tolerated on an empty stomach (symbolic image) © Angel Santana Garcia/ Imago
Breakfast: These healthy foods are not for the empty stomach
In the morning you should dine like an emperor, says a proverb. According to experts, however, it is not important for a healthy and balanced breakfast how much you eat, but that it fills you up for a long time. According to a sports scientist, a balanced breakfast should not be missing not only proteins and fiber, but above all carbohydrates.
But be careful: on an empty stomach, even healthy foods can have unpleasant consequences. It is therefore better to avoid these foods:
- Bananas: The popular perennial fruit is a popular snack for in between. It supplies the body with important nutrients, but is also one of the calorie bombs. Bananas contain plenty of fructose and cause the blood sugar level to rise quickly and drop rapidly again a short time later. Food cravings are inevitable. In addition, fructose also irritates the gastric mucosa.
- Citrus fruits: Lemons, oranges orgrapefruits provide a lot of vitamin C, but on an empty stomach, the acid in citrus fruits can lead to heartburn. The acid it contains can also irritate and damage the sensitive mucous membranes.
- Raw vegetables: Raw food is considered healthy because it contains vitamins, fiber and minerals. For breakfast, however, raw vegetables such as cucumbers and tomatoes are stressful and extremely stressful for digestion. Flatulence is often the result.
- Yeast pastries: For breakfast, fresh yeast pastries such as cinnamon or nut snails are popular. However, yeast pastries ferment in the stomach and intestines and can lead to flatulence and abdominal pain.
- Sweets: They cause blood sugar levels to skyrocket and cause food cravings. They also increase insulin levels, which also increases the risk of diseases such as diabetes.
- Source: fitforfun.de, vital.de
Healthy eating: you should pay attention to these foods
A new study reveals that certain foods can have a huge impact on cancer risk. However, there are a number of effective foods that not only promote health, but can even extend lifespan.
Major milk recall in Germany: Several popular brands affected – infection possible
Numerous users want to get rid of them: New WhatsApp function rolled out in 150 countries
Pensioners in particular affected: Outcry over EU driving licence plans
Silent danger from the tap: this is what you should pay attention to when drinking tap water
Cardiovascular diseases: how high the degree of disability can be
Fancy a voyage of discovery?
In addition to a balanced diet, plenty of exercise and sport are also important for a healthy lifestyle. Even short, intensive training sessions in everyday life can minimize the risk of disease. One study found that a daily power walk can even reduce the risk of dementia. (Vivian Werg)