Taking the chocolate balls one step further / Walla System!, Michal Levy Elhalhal
I like to take classic simple recipes that are made in every home and try to upgrade them. Such is the recipe below. Chocolate balls that everyone loves, get a white chocolate coating and step up from a "popular Israeli dessert" to an elegant and impressive petit four.
You can also decorate the chocolate balls with colorful candies, a little coconut or sweet shredded peanuts, before the white chocolate really hardens. If you want a slightly less sweet version, replace 1 tablespoon of instant chocolate milk with real cocoa.
Ingredients for about 20 units:
- For balls:1 2/2 cups wild flakes or cookies chopped to medium size (approx. 350 g)
- 50 g butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk or vegetable milk (60 ml)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chocolate spread you love
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate milk or chocolate milk (about 50 grams)
- For coating:200g white chocolate
1. In a medium bowl, use a large spoon to mix all the ingredients into the chocolate balls until a uniform batter is formed. Cool for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Then narrow the batter into small balls 2.5 cm in diameter. Transfer to the freezer to cool until coated.
2. For coating: In a small bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in pulses of 30 seconds and stir until all the lumps have melted and the chocolate melts evenly.
3. To assemble: Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or parchment paper. Using a fork, dip the chocolate balls in the white chocolate and place carefully on the paper. Transfer to the refrigerator until the coating is completely hardened. It is recommended to serve cold.
The chocolate balls will be kept for 4 days in the refrigerator or for about a month in the freezer.
More in Walla!
The leading HMO presents: The services that will make your life easier
In collaboration with Clalit
Michal Levy Elhalhal is a mother of three daughters, a professional cook and recipe designer, and the author of three cookbooks. To see what else she's cooking, check out her recipe blog Michi, or her Instagram page
- More on the subject:
- Chocolate balls
- White chocolate