Status: 26/09/2023, 04:57 a.m.
By: Ömer Kayali
Exclusive PlayStation games such as "Spider-Man: Miles Morales" can also be played on PC. © Sony/Insomniac Games (Montage)
Games for PS5 and PS4 are also playable on the computer. However, PC gamers have to put up with many limitations.
Sony introduced new subscriptions to PlayStation Plus in June 2022. Users now have a choice of three options. The premium version offers the largest scope and also the possibility to play a selection of games on the computer. This is especially interesting if you want to play titles that are not yet available for the PC, for example "Spider-Man: Miles Morales". However, PC gamers have to make some compromises when it comes to PlayStation games.
PlayStation games on PC with the PlayStation Plus app
The system requirements are quite low in themselves, because the titles are only available via the cloud: games are not downloaded and installed, but streamed. Therefore, a permanently active Internet connection is necessary, which should also not be too slow. The PlayStation Plus app is also required to play, which you can download from the official website. In addition, you will need a PlayStation Network account (PSN) and an active PlayStation Plus Premium subscription.
These are the PC system requirements for the PlayStation Plus app:
|Minimum requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Operating system:||Windows 8.1 or 10||Windows 8.1 or 10|
|Processor:||Core i3 2.0 GHz||3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster|
|Storage space:||300 MB available space||At least 300 MB of available disk space|
|Random access memory:||2 GB RAM||At least 2 GB of RAM|
|Hardware:||Sound card; USB port||Sound card; USB port|
How to play games on PC using the PlayStation Plus app
- Download and install the PlayStation app. Then launch the app and sign in with your PSN account. If you don't already have one, create an account.
- If you haven't taken out a PlayStation Plus subscription yet, select a plan now. To play on PC, the premium subscription is required.
- Once you've connected a compatible controller, you can select a game and start streaming.
Limitations of PlayStation games on PC
However, playing the PlayStation games on PC is limited.
Valve's release update for Counter-Strike 2
Starfield vs. Cyberpunk: Fans see clear winner
Chief of developers finally give update on the release of XDefiant
New class from Blizzard for Diablo 4 revealed? Interview gives new clue
Tips for more coins in EA FC 24's Ultimate Team
Fancy a voyage of discovery?
- The PS5's DualSense controller is not supported, only the DualShock 4 of previous consoles. Unfortunately, it is not possible to play with a keyboard and mouse.
- However, if you use multiple monitors, you will only be able to use one as the main screen for PlayStation games.
- The sound is not output via a headset connected to the controller, but only directly via the PC.
- The necessary PlayStation app is only available for Windows PCs and not on Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android systems.
- Local multiplayer is supported, but is limited to two players on PC.