Another hard blow for Michel Sardou's fans. His concert, which was supposed to take place on Saturday, December 2 at the Brest Arena, was cancelled four hours before the start of the event scheduled for 20 p.m.
Organizers announced that the 76-year-old singer was unable to perform his concert for "medical reasons," as he had a "possible seasonal infection due to the many viruses circulating at the moment," according to the statement.
Read also"Lakes of Connemara", takes a dig at Sandrine Rousseau... Michel Sardou in good shape for his return to the stage
While the vast majority of spectators were warned in time, "hundreds of cars arrived in the parking lot of the Brest Arena on the occasion of Michel Sardou's concert, which was due to start in less than an hour and a half," according to Le Télégramme, which was present on the spot.
Third cancellation in two months of touring
Among the 3,600 people expected, the regional promoter of the event Diogène productions estimates that "3,100 people were warned" and that "500 people came to Brest anyway, either because they had not had the information or because they wanted to check with their own eyes that the show was indeed cancelled", Olivier Cauchon told the Breton media.
This is not the first time that the "Lakes of Connemara" singer, who has been on his "I Remember a Farewell" tour since October 3, 2023, has postponed a concert. On Friday 6 and Saturday 7 October, he had already had to cancel two concerts in Le Mans and Angers at the last minute because of a strep throat, his producer announced on Facebook.
Like the two concerts in October, the one that was supposed to be held on Saturday night at the Brest Arena has been postponed to 2024. Diogenes Productions said that "more information will be communicated early this week."