Damascus countryside - Sana
Hundreds of manuscripts, gospels, holy icons and dozens of archaeological tools have been inaugurated in the city of Sednaya in Damascus countryside.
The museum also contains a number of archaeological manuscripts, the oldest of which is a manuscript of liturgical prayers to the year 1602.
Rami Zahr, the official of the museum's media center, delivered a speech at the church's endowment committee, in which he talked about the documentation and restoration of the museum's collections in cooperation with the Directorate General of Antiquities and Museums.
Father Elias Agia, the head of the Monastery of Saint Germanus in Jaramana, gave an introduction to the icons, their significance, religious connotations and historical biography.
In turn, the parish priest of the Church, Father Andrew Eskandavi, noted the archaeological significance of the museum, the church and Saydnaya in promoting religious tourism.
The opening ceremony of the museum included two documentary films, the first on the stages of completion of the museum and the second on the most important monasteries and churches in Sednaya.
Patriarch Abssi pointed to the importance of opening the museum in conjunction with the celebration of Saint Agia Sofia and her three daughters of faith, hope and love, and the need to represent the values they represent in the lives of the church, city and Syria.
At the end of his speech, Patriarch Abssi called on God to bring peace, security and tranquility to our country and the world.
The mass was followed by an art ceremony and a musical parade of the parish.