At least ten people have been killed and 85 others injured in an attack on a secret service building in the southern Afghan city of Kalat.
The bombing of the car bomb destroyed the local hospital, said Governor of Sabul Province, Rahmatullah Jarmal. The radical Islamic Taliban claimed the attack for themselves.
The head of the Sabul Provincial Council, Atta Jan Hakbajan, spoke of at least 20 dead and 90 injured. Taliban spokesman Kari Yusuf Ahmadi said the attack had targeted Afghan intelligence and killed intelligence officials.
Taliban also want to attack the presidential election
With the explosion in Kalat, the bloody strike series continues this week. On Tuesday, two suicide bombings, which the Taliban also claimed for themselves, killed 48 people and injured about 80.
One of the attacks was directed against an election campaign attended by President Ashraf Ghani. A suicide bomb attack in a government building in the eastern city of Jalalabad killed at least four people on Wednesday.
The violence in Afghanistan has increased since US President Donald Trump last week declared that the peace talks with the Taliban, which were about to be concluded, were "dead". The occasion was an attack in Kabul, in which a US soldier had been killed.
US envoy to Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, is scheduled to testify on Thursday before a congressional committee on peace talks with the Taliban. He held nine rounds of talks with the Taliban in Doha. He said he achieved a basic agreement, according to which the US should withdraw its troops from Afghanistan and the Taliban should break with the terrorist organization al-Qaeda.
On September 28, presidential elections will be held in Afghanistan. The Taliban have announced that they will disrupt the ballot.