The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Thuringia: Björn Höcke answers interview

2019-10-07T12:29:19.335Z

The Thuringian AfD leading candidate Höcke has again canceled a conversation with journalists. The newspaper concerned reacted creatively.




Actually, the interview with the Thuringian AfD-leading candidate Björn Höcke was fixed, then received the "Thuringian General" but a rejection. "The already scheduled date for the call and the recording of a podcast were canceled without explanation by e-mail," writes the newspaper in the middle of an otherwise white area.

A spokesman Höckes said that Höcke did not want to give any more interviews until the state election on October 27, wrote the "Thüringer Allgemeine" in their statement. That's why she left the room where the interview should have been.

In recent weeks, the newspaper has already printed interviews with top candidates from other parties. "Since we give all parties and top candidates of the parties represented in the parliament plus the FDP the same place for interviews and the same attention, the space planned for Björn Höcke remains empty," wrote editor-in-chief Jan Hollitzer.

AfD spokesman defends backwards

It is not the first interview cancellation by Höcke in the state election campaign. Even a conversation with the radio station MDR News had the right-wing politician deleted. Instead, MDR Aktuell sent an interview on Sunday with the AFD country spokesman Stefan Möller. Möller justified the cancellation Höckes among others with an "unspeakable interview", which gave this a few weeks ago.

In mid-September Höcke had canceled an interview on the ZDF program "Berlin direkt". Previously, he and his present press spokesman had failed with the requirement to start the interview again because Höcke was allegedly not prepared for the questions. The ZDF journalist rejected the demand as completely unusual, after which Höcke and his speaker broke off the discussion after a short discussion.

A spokesman for the Thuringian AFD state association said on Monday that they had "bad experiences" in the past. As an example, he called the ZDF interview. "No one is forced to give interviews," the spokesman said.

Source: spiegel

You may like

News/Politics 2019-10-07T12:29:19.335Z
News/Politics 2019-09-15T19:55:31.395Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2019-11-14T08:49:53.438Z
News/Politics 2019-11-14T04:37:53.172Z
News/Politics 2019-11-13T23:28:59.237Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy