- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click here to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to email a friend (Opens in a new window)
(CNN) - Simone Biles became the most decorated gymnast in the history of world championships on Sunday with a gold medal on the balance beam in Stuttgart, Germany, on Sunday.
The American gymnast won her 25th world medal in the World Artistic Gymnastics Championship, exceeding the total of 23 that Belarusian Vitaly Scherbo won in her career.
Four times Olympic champion, Biles now has 19 golds. Scherbo, a Belarusian who competed in the 1990s, had been the most decorated gymnast in the history of the world championship.
- Simone Biles creates two amazing movements that will bear his name
This Saturday, Biles won the vault by more than half a point, averaging 15,399 for his two attempts. The American gymnast Jade Carey won the silver and Elissa Downie, from Great Britain, took the bronze.
The world vault title is the second of Biles (2018). He also won gold at the event at the 2016 Olympic Games.
Biles also competed in the uneven bars this Saturday, finishing fifth.
The 22-year-old says she is preparing for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, which she said will be her last Olympic Games.
Gymnastics Simone Biles