- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click here to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to email a friend (Opens in a new window)
(CNN Spanish) - Bolivia is already a member of the Lima Group, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of that country confirmed in a brief statement dated Sunday, December 22.
"Thus Bolivia will contribute to achieving a peaceful, democratic and constitutional solution to the crisis in Venezuela, which must be guided by the Venezuelan people," the message said.
For his part, Foreign Minister of Peru Gustavo Meza-Cuadra, coordinator of the Lima Group, said in a statement on behalf of the states that comprise it, and addressed to Bolivian Foreign Minister Karen Longaric Rodríguez, “the satisfaction of incorporating to Bolivia in the work of the Group, which aims to contribute a peaceful, democratic and constitutional solution to the crisis in Venezuela ”.
- MIRA: Evo Morales summons MAS leaders in Buenos Aires to elect their candidates for elections
The Peruvian Foreign Minister's statement adds that this peaceful exit must be "conducted by Venezuelans themselves, through free, fair and transparent presidential elections."
Lima Group Nicolas Maduro