The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Corona virus panic: Israeli Health Ministry recommends 26 people have died in China so far | Israel today

2020-01-24T17:58:09.036Z

Around the world



After spreading the disease also outside China's borders, the Ministry of Health called "avoid unnecessary travel" to Wuhan city - the focus of the outbreak of disease

  • Beijing, today // Photo: AFP

The Corona continues to spread - and Israel is preparing too: The Ministry of Health on Friday recommended "to avoid unnecessary trips to the city of Wuhan, China," the focus of the outbreak of the spreading virus.

"The ministry is in contact with all international bodies and professional bodies in Israel and around the world and regularly updates the public on developments," the Ministry of Health said.

So far, 26 people have died as a result of the virus. The youngest victim identified so far is a 36-year-old Chinese citizen. 830 people have been identified as carriers of the virus. 8,420 people have been identified as at risk.

In the United States, in Chicago, a second patient has been identified. At least 50 people are being monitored in 22 states across the United States. The disease has also been detected in Vietnam, Singapore, Nepal, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand. So far, 23 patients outside China have been identified.

The Chinese government has restricted the movement of about 35 million people in at least 12 cities in Hebei province, including the city of Wuhan, where about 12 million people live. The New York Times reported that the Disneyland theme park in Shanghai and other tourist sites are expected to close.
Health authorities in Wuhan declared a "war zone" as the city blocked entry and exit through barricades. Inbound and outbound flights have been suspended, as well as the subway and buses.

Heathrow airport in London, today // Photo: IP

Establishment of a field hospital in Wuhan city // Photo: GettyImages

The outbreak of the virus comes just before the opening of the New Year celebrations in China, which is expected to take place from tomorrow until February 8. In the capital, Yijin has already announced the cancellation of the festivities to prevent unnecessary gatherings of the masses. Gaudan Galha, World Health Commissioner in Beijing, told the New York Times in an interview that "health officials are preparing for an outbreak that will last several months."

More on:

I booked a plane ticket to China - cancel? Everything you wanted to know about the corona virus outbreak

Panic in China: Corona virus has arrived in Beijing

The Chinese virus continues to spread

Galla told the Associated Press that it is clear the number of patients will rise. "Even a few thousand will not surprise us," said Galla. However, he added: "This is also not an indication of the severity of the disease. In fact, it is very good to locate as many patients as possible." However, the Health Organization has not yet decided to declare the disease an epidemic.

In the UK, the government convened an emergency cabinet meeting. "The clinical assumption at the moment is that the chances of getting infected are low," British Health Minister Matt Hancock tweeted after the meeting. To date, 14 people identified in risk groups on the British Isle have been tested and negative results obtained.

Source: israelhayom

Similar news:

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2020-02-27T11:45:30.716Z
News/Politics 2020-02-27T17:45:19.458Z
News/Politics 2020-02-27T06:18:24.683Z

Latest

news 2020/02/28    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy