- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click here to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to email a friend (Opens in a new window)
So will the elections of the new Congress in Peru 3:26
(CNN Spanish) - The Ministry of Health of Peru reported on Saturday that the death toll rose to 13 on Thursday's fire in the Villa San Salvador district, located in Lima, which was caused by the deflagration of a tanker truck that transported liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
"Of these 13 fatalities, eight are adults and five are minors," the ministry said in a statement. "In the Minsa hospitals there are still 24 patients, mostly in critical condition, due to the severity of their burns," he added.
- MORE: Extraordinary elections of the new Congress in Peru: what is chosen and why is it important?
Eight other injured are being treated in other hospitals. The Ministry of Health also reported that hospitals have the necessary blood units to care for patients and that blood banks in all hospitals continue to receive donations from volunteers.
The president of Peru, Martín Vizcarra, said that the causes that generated the deflagration of the tank truck will be investigated in order to establish responsibilities.