Written by: Wang Huishan Xu Xuan
2020-01-26 09:48Last updated: 2020-01-26 13:41
There have been many cases of "Wuhan pneumonia" caused by the new coronavirus around the world. The first suspected confirmed case appeared in Canada on January 26, and new confirmed cases also appeared in South Korea, Malaysia, and Singapore, including one in South Korea. New cases have brought the number of local cases to three.
This article will continue to update the news of the epidemic situation in various places.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hua Chunying responded on the 26th to the closure of the US Consulate General in Wuhan and the withdrawal of US personnel. She said that since the outbreak of pneumonia caused by the new coronavirus in Wuhan, China promptly notified the World Health Organization and relevant countries of the epidemic situation and maintained close communication. Recently, the United States proposed to withdraw the staff of the US Consulate General in Wuhan from Wuhan to the United States. In accordance with international practice and in accordance with relevant Chinese epidemic prevention regulations, China has made corresponding arrangements to provide necessary assistance and convenience.
Canada: first suspected confirmed case
The Canadian government issued a statement on January 25, stating that the first "presumed" confirmed case of new coronavirus appeared in the local area. The patient had been to Wuhan, China, and felt unwell after returning to Canada.
The patient was a man in his 50s who flew from Guangzhou, China to Toronto, Canada on the 22nd, and was admitted to a local hospital for isolation and treatment on the 23rd. His initial test was positive and he is now waiting for a second result.
Ontario health officials said the patients returned to their home by private transport after arriving at Toronto Airport. His family and friends who have been in close contact with him have been isolated for further observation by the authorities. However, the government declined to disclose the number.
↓↓ Click below 睇 Effectiveness of various masks ↓↓
South Korea: 3 confirmed cases
South Korea confirmed third case of new coronavirus infection. A 54-year-old South Korean man from Wuhan, China, was confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus on January 26.
The patient was a resident of Wuhan City, China. After the onset of symptoms that day, he was quarantined in a hospital in Gyeonggi-do.
Singapore: confirmed fourth case
Singapore announced in the early morning of January 26 that the country confirmed the fourth case of imported new coronavirus.
A statement from the local Ministry of Health stated that the patient was a 36-year-old man from Wuhan, China. He arrived in Singapore with his family on the 22nd. He is currently undergoing isolation treatment at Sengkang General Hospital and is in stable condition.
The "New Straits Times" reported that the patient had no symptoms on the aircraft, started to cough on the 23rd, and went to the hospital the next day for treatment. He was listed as a suspicious case and was immediately quarantined. The infection was confirmed on the 25th.
The patient was staying at the Village Hotel Sentosa before admission and the Ministry of Health is pursuing his close contacts.
Singapore confirmed two more cases of new coronavirus infection on January 24, and the number of confirmed cases increased to three on the same day.
Wuhan Pneumonia: Countries around the world have stepped up prevention to prevent the spread of new coronaviruses. Among them, in Seoul, South Korea, a staff member disinfected the train compartment. (AP)
Malaysia: 4 new confirmed cases
On the evening of January 25, Malaysia announced the fourth confirmed case of 2019 new coronavirus, and the authorities announced only a few hours ago that the first three related virus cases were recorded in the country. The four people diagnosed were tourists from Wuhan, China.
Malaysian Health Director Noor Hisham Abdullah said the latest confirmed case was a 40-year-old man from Wuhan who traveled by bus from Singapore to Johor in southern Johor on the 22nd One of the members. The patient was seen in a hospital in Johor on the 23rd due to fever.
Nour Hisham said in a statement: "He is currently experiencing fever and cough but is in stable condition." Inspection by the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre of the Ministry of Health Malaysia confirmed that the man was infected with the new coronavirus.
↓↓↓ For more information about masks, please click to enlarge view:
[Wuhan pneumonia] Australia's first confirmed case is a Chinese man in his 50s
[Wuhan pneumonia] The second confirmed case in the United States patients went to Wuhan in late December
[Wuhan pneumonia] Two new confirmed cases in Singapore, one male and one female from Wuhan
[Wuhan pneumonia] Li Xianlong: New coronavirus is less threatening than SARS
[Wuhan pneumonia] First case confirmed in Singapore Wuhan man once stayed at Sentosa Resort Hotel
Wuhan Pneumonia Wuhan Infectious Disease Travel Warning Canada South Korea Malaysia Singapore