Team composition. Seven former internationals, including three ex-captains and one who later became coach of the XV of France, are on the opposition list led by Florian Grill for the elections to the French Rugby Federation (FFR) scheduled for October 3, announced Tuesday this list, called the Ovale Ensemble. Jean-Marc Lhermet (n ° 2), Jean-Claude Skrela (n ° 4), Serge Blanco (n ° 5), Eric Champ (n ° 8), Fabien Pelous (n ° 14), Abdelatif Benazzi (n ° 17 ) and Julien Pierre (n ° 19) are all in an eligible position on the list of 38 names.
"READ ALSO - XV of France: unprecedented tournament in sight ... and friction with the clubs
But rather than these prestigious names, Ovale Ensemble rather puts forward “a young team” and “representative of all rugby players and all territories” to beat on October 3 (if the elections are not postponed) the outgoing president Bernard Laporte , candidate for a second term.
Elections postponed to December 12?
Blanco (1990-1991), Benazzi (1996-2000) and Pelous (1997-2006) are among the illustrious captains of the XV of France, the second when Skrela was coach, the third under the mandate of ... The door. Another former professional rugby player, Sylvain Deroeux, finalist in the 1998 French championship with Perpignan and former president of Provale, the players' union, is also on the list (n ° 9), as does former international referee Didier Méné (n ° 28).
It remains to be seen when the elections will take place. Ovale Ensemble is asking for a postponement of these, a possibility offered by the ministry due to the health crisis, on December 12, considering having seen its campaign interrupted by confinement. A conciliation hearing took place on July 29 before the French National Olympic and Sports Committee (CNOSF). “Lately, we have been to the CNOSF. There is a conciliation hearing. We are awaiting the opinion of the conciliator who will formulate it in the days to come. Depending on what he tells us, we may go before the election judge, ”Florian Grill recently told the daily La Provence .
The 38 names that make up the Ovale Ensemble list
1. Florian Grill, Ile de France, President
2. Jean Marc Lhermet, AURA, Vice-President
3. Pascale Mercier, Grand Est
4. Jean Claude Skrela, Ile de France
5. Serge Blanco, Nouvelle Aquitaine
6. Marion Kellin, AURA , Deputy Secretary General
7. Claude Hélias, Occitanie, Treasurer
8. Eric Champ, PACA & Corse
9. Sylvain Deroeux, Occitanie, Secretary General
10. Caroline Cornou, AURA, Doctor
11. Jean Charles Mascetti, Ile de France
12. Renaud Lebert , Pays de Loire
13. Mathilde Simonato, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
14. Fabien Pelous, Occitanie
15. Jean Benoit Portier, Pays de Loire
16. Nathalie Fabre, New Aquitaine
17. Abdelatif Benazzi, New Aquitaine
18. Eliane Cayol, PACA
19 Julien Pierre, New Aquitaine, Top athlete
20. Anne Sophie Demoulin, Brittany
21. Hervé Savy, New Aquitaine
22. Brigitte Bordet, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
23. Joel Castany, Occitanie
24. Amélie Gadois, Center
25. Peter Macnaughton, Ile de France
26. Anne Mikolajczak, Hauts de France
27. Lau rent Bourduge, AURA
28. Didier Mené, PACA
29. David Darquier, Nouvelle Aquitaine
30. David Guérin, Occitanie and Dom Tom
31. Jean François Dreyer, Normandy
32. Xavier Taccard, PACA
33. Jean-François Contant, Bourgogne-Franche- County
34. Joel Terrier, Grand Est
35. Michel Réchède, New Aquitaine
36. Thierry Tonnelier, AURA
37. Thierry Alliesse, Ile de France
38. Laurent Estampes, Occitanie
- FFR-LNR quarrel: Azéma and the clubs "ready to go to the confrontation"