The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

She pretended to be a doctor and sold a coronavirus medicine online

2020-08-28T13:19:13.384Z

The woman attended an office in the Buenos Aires Center and was denounced by her neighbors. Is prey



08/28/2020 - 9:59

  • Clarín.com
  • Police

A woman who posed as a doctor and sold a "natural protection" against the coronavirus online was arrested in her office at the Buenos Aires Center by members of the Judicial Investigations Corps (CIJ) of the Public Ministry of the City where boxes with bottles were seized which contained a concoction made from sodium chlorite , also known as bleach.

The investigation began from the complaint of several residents of the medical office that operated in an apartment on 1300 Bartolomé Miter Street.

The police approached the place where the supposed doctor was attending, which in reality was not, although several diplomas from the National University of Tucumán and the "Open University of Advanced Sciences" in Florida adorned its walls to appear a certain seriousness in your service.

One of the false diplomas in the office of the woman arrested for selling a medicine against the coronavirus.

In the department where he attended, 288 dietary supplements, boxes with droppers and bottles , six computers, five cell phones and external drives, among other items, were seized .

The fraud is being investigated by prosecutor Paulo Gasparini, who classified the case as " illegal practice of medicine and violation of mandatory isolation measures."

Chlorine dioxide

Despite the WHO warnings about the danger of consuming substances such as sodium chlorite and chlorine dioxide (promoted and ingested by Viviana Canosa on her television program), there are those who insist that it is a "magic cure ”For the coronavirus. Since the beginning of the pandemic, cases of people who consumed it and suffered serious consequences continue to be added.

At the hospital in the Neuquén town of Plottier, a 5-year-old boy died from a cardio-respiratory condition that would have been caused by the ingestion of chlorine dioxide, which "would have been administered by the parents" with the false idea that it would help them to "prevent coronavirus."

The ingestion of this product can cause irritation in the mouth, esophagus and stomach. It can also cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that can lead to dehydration and hypovolemic shock. Severe poisonings with serious cardiovascular, kidney and hematological disorders (methemoglobinemia and hemolysis) were reported. Inhalation of chlorine dioxide can cause bronchospasm, chemical pneumonitis, glottis edema, and respiratory failure. Hypovolemic shock and respiratory failure can cause death.

GK

Source: clarin

You may like

Life/Entertain 2020-10-06T17:50:55.400Z

Trends 24h

Latest

news 2020/10/21    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy