The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

1650 Garchingers are supposed to live here one day: Plans for a new building area presented

2020-12-05T10:45:46.889Z

Housing for 1650 people is to be created in Hochbrück. The plans for the new “Am Schleissheim Canal” quarter have now been presented to the city council.



Housing for 1650 people is to be created in Hochbrück.

The plans for the new “Am Schleissheim Canal” quarter have now been presented to the city council.

Hochbrück

- In the new development area "Am Schleissheimer Kanal" living space is being built for 1650 Garchinger.

The design envisages a mix of apartment buildings and family houses with open spaces, supermarkets, and the quarter should also be largely car-free.

The planning is progressing, or as Mayor Dietmar Gruchmann (SPD) put it: "The eagle is about to land."

The new residential area is intended to further develop the Hochbrück district, also through new infrastructure.

On the seven hectares of building land, 70 percent is earmarked for apartment buildings, the remaining 30 percent for single-family houses.

"Each of the developments should benefit from the adjoining Schleissheim Canal and the bordering heather," emphasized architect Dietrich Fink.

Architect: "We should be finished in up to seven years",

Four large courtyard structures subdivide the area, which in the north of the Hochbrücker industrial park is sealed off from noise by 16 meter high, five-story houses.

A bus stop and a daycare center, as well as shops, medical practices, a bakery and a café are to be located here.

Three-story buildings are planned for the inner part of the quarter, the longitudinal buildings are staggered and perforated, "so that we can achieve airiness," explained Fink.

In the south there are four areas with two-story single-family houses.

Because of this division, the Fink + Jocher office won the architectural competition, according to Gruchmann.

The character of the quarter is characteristic with inner courtyards and open spaces, the design of which has not yet been determined.

But one thing is already certain: "The places have to be differentiated according to age, here all age groups should feel at home", suggested Daniela Rieth (Greens).

Coming from Hochbrück, the cars are led into the quarter via Daimlerstrasse, and Heidenheimerstrasse provides a foot and cycle path that runs through the quarter in an east-west direction.

Hans-Peter Adolf (Greens), Götz Braun (SPD) and Norbert Fröhler (BfG) gave the planners the task of thinking about a mobility concept, a reduction in parking spaces and pilot projects with the aim of minimizing car traffic.

Roy Lilienthal from the property developer “Gesellschaft für Siedlungs- und Wohnungsbau” (GSW) was open-minded: “We are absolutely going along with the considerations regarding a reduced or largely car-free use of the area.” The use of gray materials, such as recycled concrete, or consider a timber construction.

It will be built in three stages.

"We should be finished in up to seven years", predicts Lilienthal.

Also read: Will the north of Munich get a third wind turbine?

The city of Garching has presented plans to build a plant.

The steel giant would be higher than its counterparts in Fröttmaning and Freimann.

All information is available here.

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2020-12-05

You may like

News/Politics 2021-01-04T09:11:05.224Z
News/Politics 2020-09-23T08:08:05.816Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2021-01-24T21:13:35.627Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy