London - Sana
A state of panic prevailed in the British capital, London, today, after alarms were heard in the Palace of Westminster, the seat of the British Parliament, stating that there was a fire after a cloud of smoke spread over the building, to be found later that it was caused by operating a generator.
The British Daily Express reported that fire alarms rang out in Westminster Palace and a cloud of smoke was seen rising over the Houses of Parliament (the House of Commons and the House of Lords) before it became clear that the cause of the thick smoke was the operation of a generator due to cold weather, which made the steam rising more intense than usual.
This incident comes a few days after parliamentarians warned of the necessity of urgent repairs to the building, which dates back to the Victorian era and suffers from dozens of problems. And rat spread.