The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Children's Protection Club Tongle Residential Child Care Center bursts with acute gastroenteritis 35 young children 4 staff recruited

2021-01-25T10:52:35.911Z

An acute gastroenteritis broke out at the Tongle Residential Child Care Centre of the Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children in Yau Tsim Mong District, affecting 35 young children and 4 staff. 21 people have been treated and all patients are stable. The Centre for Health Protection has been present



Social News

Author: Zhu Haiqi

2021-01-25 18:42

Last update date: 2021-01-25 18:42

An acute gastroenteritis broke out at the Tongle Residential Child Care Centre of the Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children in Yau Tsim Mong District, affecting 35 young children and 4 staff. 21 people have been treated and all patients are stable.

The Centre for Health Protection has visited the site and recommended the necessary preventive measures.

The Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health today (January 25) is investigating an outbreak of acute gastroenteritis by the Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children on the ground floor of 387 Portland Street, Prince Edward. The case involved 20 boys and 15 girls, aged between 10 and 44. Month old, and 4 female staff aged between 22 and 38.

They have developed fever, vomiting and diarrhea one after another since the 21st of this month.

21 patients have been diagnosed and treated and do not need to be hospitalized.

All patients are in stable condition.

The staff of the Center for Health Protection have visited the center and recommended the necessary preventive measures to the center, including proper and thorough disinfection and cleaning, proper disposal of vomit, and attention to personal and environmental hygiene, and medical supervision of the center.

The Center for Protection reminded that you must wash your hands thoroughly before handling food or eating, after going to the toilet or after changing diapers, wear gloves when cleaning up vomit and feces, and wash your hands afterwards with diluted 1:49 household bleach .

Sham Shui Po, a 5-year-old Shou Xing boy who suffered from gastroenteritis last week and died in a coma after vomiting today

An outbreak of acute gastroenteritis at the Police Academy involved 28 trainees experiencing vomiting and diarrhea

14 people at Wong Chuk Hang Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Jockey Club Rehabilitation Centre suffer from acute gastroenteritis

01News

Kindergarten education gastroenteritis

Source: hk1

All news articles on 2021-01-25

You may like

News/Politics 2021-01-25T09:52:41.625Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2021-06-24T16:37:21.119Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy