The Union has chosen Armin Laschet as candidate for chancellor.
But his polls are low.
Berlin - The Chancellor candidates: inside have been chosen.
Olaf Scholz will be running for chancellorship for the SPD, Annalena Baerbock for the Greens and Armin Laschet for the Union.
The general election will take place in September this year.
The Union’s candidate for chancellor doesn’t seem to have received much popular support. In a new representative survey by the opinion research institute Civey for the
), 67.1 percent of those questioned do not believe that Laschet will become the new chancellor. Just one in five respondents (20.7 percent) assume that the CDU leader will succeed Chancellor Angela Merkel. 12.2 percent of those surveyed are unsure.
Laschet's competitor Annalena Baerbock, on the other hand, does much better.
In another survey for the
, 28.5 percent of those questioned said they believed the Green candidate would move into the Chancellery.
As a restriction: some of the data were collected before it became clear who the Union's candidate for chancellor would be.
Laschet as chancellor candidate of the Union: According to surveys, hardly anyone believes in his success
What seems to be an even bigger problem for Laschet is the support of their own electorate.
Baerbock, on the other hand, is very popular in its own warehouse.
According to the survey for the
67.9 percent of the Greens believe
in their candidate (15.2 percent do not believe in Baerbock).
The CDU leader is far from such polls.
Among the voters of the Union, according to the Civey poll, not even a third of Union supporters expect Laschet to become Chancellor.
According to this, only 28 percent of them believe in the success of the CDU boss, while 62.7 percent do not.
Another representative survey by the opinion research institute Civey for
comes to a similar result.
your opinion, was it the right decision by the Union to appoint Armin Laschet as candidate for Chancellor instead of Markus Söder?", 66 percent of all respondents answered "No". A large part would have preferred CSU boss Markus Söder as the Union's candidate for chancellor. Among the voters of the CDU and CSU, the frustration with the Chancellor candidate Laschet is even greater. Among the Union supporters: 77 percent answered the question with “no”.
Laschet's polls for the
survey are also worrying for the Union
If there were direct elections in the federal elections, only about 11 percent would choose Laschet.
The CDU leader is thus behind the Green Chancellor candidate Annalena Baerbock, who would vote about 30 percent of the respondents directly.
The incumbent Vice Chancellor Olaf Scholz (SPD) got 17 percent of the vote.
This puts Armin Laschet in last place.
Video: The career of Armin Laschet
According to a survey for
green top candidate and party leader Annalena Baerbock is
the favorite of business executives. When asked about the direct election of the Chancellor, Baerbock came up with 26.5 percent. FDP leader Christian Lindner follows in second place with 16.2 percent. Union top candidate Armin Laschet follows in third place with 14.3 percent. SPD Chancellor candidate Olaf Scholz received the least approval with 10.5 percent. 32.5 percent of those surveyed are still undecided. The Institut Civey surveyed around 1500 executives from the private and public sectors on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A lightning survey by the INSA Institute for the
newspaper also shows similar results. Only 18 percent of Germans consider CDU boss Armin Laschet to be the best candidate for the post of chancellor: in. Armin Laschet is in third place, well behind the candidates: inside the SPD and the Greens. The candidate of the Greens, Annalena Baerbock, does best, with a quarter of the votes. SPD chancellor candidate Olaf Scholz follows in second place with 21 percent. However, almost a quarter (24 percent) of those surveyed are still undecided.
(dp / AFP)