Large-scale operation in Wolfratshausen: The fire brigade had to move because flammable liquid leaked from a container that had fallen over in a company.
Wolfratshausen - The fire brigade worked for several hours on Monday afternoon at a chemical company in the Wolfratshausen industrial park.
The Bürgermeister-Seidl-Straße had to be temporarily closed in both directions.
"During loading work, a container, more precisely a so-called IBC container, fell over," said Andreas Spohn, commander of the Wolfratshausen volunteer fire brigade, when asked by our newspaper. How it came to the incident in a hall of the company is still unclear. As a result, a flammable liquid from the IBC container spread on the floor. “A mixture of gasoline and alcohol,” says Spohn.
At around 3:30 p.m. the alarm was triggered.
Forces from the district fire inspection and the fire brigades from Wolfratshausen, Weidach, Geretsried and Bad Tölz moved in.
After probing the situation, they covered the liquid with a foam carpet and ventilated the hall.
“At no point was there a risk of explosion,” stresses Spohn.
The fire brigade and company then jointly eliminated the mixture.
This work was still ongoing at the time of going to press.
The police and the BRK were also on site.
Wolfratshausen-Geretsried-Newsletter: Everything from your region!
Our brand new Wolfratshausen-Geretsried newsletter informs you regularly about all the important stories from the region - including all the news about the corona crisis in your community.
Sign up here.