The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

This is where the controversial radio mast should go - citizens in Hattenhofen protest

2021-06-15T11:11:13.674Z

The citizens' initiative (BI) against the cell phone mast near a residential area in Hattenhofen makes people mobile. With a 30 meter high crane, she simulated what awaits the place. Local council members and mayors felt the indignation on site.



The citizens' initiative (BI) against the cell phone mast near a residential area in Hattenhofen makes people mobile.

With a 30 meter high crane, she simulated what awaits the place.

Local council members and mayors felt the indignation on site.

Hattenhofen

- The initiative "No transmission mast in the residential area Hattenhofen" accuses Mayor Franz Robeller of a lack of information policy.

In addition, the local council should have been more committed to looking for other locations.

For last Saturday, BI itself had invited to an information event.

The meeting point was Peter Hillmayr's property.

The cell phone mast of Deutsche Funkturm GmBH, which belongs to Telekom, is to be erected here.

A 30 meter high crane simulated the height.

Around 100 people from Hattenhofen, including those directly affected, took a closer look.

There was clear criticism of the decision-makers in town.

Opponents speak of a division of the place

One of the neighbors is Martin Bentenrieder (51), who lives less than 300 meters from the planned radio mast.

"I feel cheated.

In such a large project, the citizen should have a say.

It's not just about the disfigurement of the townscape, it's also about radiation.

The community is well equipped with 4G. "

Half the village will be divided, said Josef Jäger (71), shaking his head.

"The whole story must have been a bit behind," he said.

“I only found out about it last week.” Walter Vogl (64) puts it this way: “In Swabian you would say that it has a taste.” The property owner Hillmayr, who is also a councilor, has had to listen to a lot, according to Vogl.

He had already signed a contract with the Funkturm GmbH in 2018.

+

Listened eagerly: Around 100 people took part in the BI information event.

© Peter Weber

“We would have liked an information event beforehand.

The citizens should have been heard ”, criticized Marianne Feigl (62).

“When the application was rejected by the local council at the end of 2019, we believed that the matter was completely off the table.” A mistake, as it recently turned out.

The residents living in the vicinity of the planned radio mast would be "severely restricted in their quality of life", "she says.

When Mayor Franz Robeller commented on the municipal council's latest decision to go for a radio mast and on the lack of information policy accused of him, there was noisy displeasure among the visitors.

Heckling like "That's not true what you are saying" were among the more harmless.

Vice-Mayor Elisabeth Trappmann tried to give in and said: "I am very unhappy about the situation." However, she also emphasized that the decision was not made behind closed doors, but in a public meeting in March 2021.

And: "Anyone could have gone there."

+

Protest: (from left) Martin Bentenrieder, Marianne Feigl, Walter Vogl and Stefanie Bachl. 

© Peter Weber

Elfriede Unger, who has been a member of the local council for 13 years, defended the committee: “We are all trying our best. But the assumption that we have done willful and evil things is not possible. ”“ Then why did you agree? ”Countered a citizen. Timo Wickenrieder, former councilor, said: “You are like a flag in the wind. If I have an opinion, then I'll stick with it. ”Only two councilors stood firm in the second vote. Helmut Loder, also a former local councilor, accused the mayor of other landowners, where the masts could have been placed. “I find it very dubious that the whole story was kept so secret. I would have liked a citizens' meeting. I'm sad,that the mayor and the municipal council do not advocate the interests of the community. "

530 signatures collected

Green district councilor Andreas Birzele from Hörbach did not want to defend the council, but said that it certainly didn’t want to harm the citizens.

The suggestion: "Sit down at a table with the district administrator and think about how to get the cow off the ice so that more peace returns to the village."

After all, a third of the residents are present at the protest, like BI spokeswoman Stefanie Bachl.

also active in the local girls' association, explains: “We currently have 530 signatures on our list.” The aim of the campaign is to achieve a joint solution.

A lawsuit is not promising.

In any case, the BI will submit a petition to the state parliament.

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2021-06-15

You may like

News/Politics 2021-06-20T19:56:19.106Z
News/Politics 2021-02-23T07:14:02.323Z
News/Politics 2021-04-11T17:23:32.017Z

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2021-07-28T20:23:15.338Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy