Two people died and two others in critical condition after a toxic gas leaked Friday (June 18) at a water treatment plant in the city of Pilsen, in the western Czech Republic, rescuers said.
Read also: The Czech Republic reopens its borders to Europeans on June 21
Regional emergency services spokeswoman Maria Svobodova told AFP rescuers had been called in to treat four unconscious people poisoned by an unknown gas. “
They were taken to hospital in critical condition
,” she added. “
Sadly, two people died,
” police said in a tweet, adding that they were looking for the cause of the leak.