Major fire in Feldafing on Lake Starnberg.
The roof of a semi-detached house caught fire in the Bavarian community.
A woman and her son were in the building.
Feldafing - Probably a technical defect in the photovoltaic system triggered a large-scale fire brigade with 200 helpers in Feldafing (Starnberg district *)
The roof of the semi-detached house was totally destroyed by the fire;
the neighbour's family first has to find a new place to stay.
It had started to burn in the half of the house with the solar system.
Bavaria: Major fire in Feldafing - mother and son in a burning house
In the neighboring half of the house, which Nicolas Schlumprecht (59) lives with his family, his wife and one of the three sons were at home. At first they thought someone was going to have a barbecue - then it smelled of plastic, and the neighbor across the street saw smoke billowing from the roof. The alarmed fire brigade prevented the fire from spreading - a difficult task in the summer heat. The house is not habitable because of the pungent smell. (gma)
* Merkur.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.