A defective buffer battery in the Käthe Kruse daycare center kept both teachers and the fire brigade in suspense.
- For inexplicable reasons, the batteries of the photovoltaic system had heated up and were exhausted.
“But with the intervention of the fire brigade everything was far from over,” noted Fabian Blomeyer (Greens) in the latest meeting of the municipal council.
The reason: the fine dust that had spread everywhere.
“The teachers scrubbed all weekend,” said the politician.
Every toy had to be cleaned individually, every cuddly toy and every piece of fabric went into the washing machine.
Blomeyer was able to observe the effort up close, as one of the employees would live in his neighborhood.
"That was definitely ten wash loads."
The congregation should show its appreciation
The Green Municipal Council suggests that the municipality should show its appreciation for the work that has been done. “After all, the kindergarten did not cause this incident.” A good thought - especially since, according to managing officer Stefan Wallner, “this has not yet been communicated by the provider.” The fact is that a cleaning company was commissioned, “but what about all the things” , asks Blomeyer, “who were lying in the corners and were also affected? I saw for myself everything that was hanging on the line to dry. ”The administration promised to look into Blomeyer's idea.