07/23/2021 11:57 AM
Updated 07/23/2021 11:57 AM
Boca Juniors formally presented this Friday morning the request for a health corridor in the framework of the coronavirus pandemic, to play with the starting team against Banfield, a match scheduled for Saturday at 8.15 p.m. for the second date of the Professional Football League (LPF).
Previously, the Minister of Health, Carla Vizzotti, had indicated that the La Ribera club had not yet made any request and that the Health portfolio will be attentive to the issue, while considering that if Boca made the presentation this Friday there is time to study it and approve it.
Vizzotti, who received the letter from Boca after 10:30, had expressed that after Boca presented the formal request "the risk will be evaluated to make the recommendation for Health."
"From an absolutely technical area, the situation is different from what had happened with River Plate, when there were 15 positive people," the official analyzed.
"With this I am not saying that we are going to authorize it or not, what I am saying is that it is not the same," he added, while considering that "formally the bubble was not preserved when leaving the stadium" in reference to Boca and his performance in Belo Horizonte.
"Boca did not go on vacation to Brazil, they are professionals who went to work," he said in reference to the Copa Libertadores match against Atlético Mineiro that "Xeneize" lost on penalties (1-3).
"The isolation that was recommended was preventive and what we are going to evaluate, as always in these cases, is the risk," concluded Vizzotti.
Meanwhile, Boca was training this morning at the Casa Amarilla property under a strict health bubble, awaiting the decision of the LPF, which at noon will decide whether to authorize the players who were in Brazil in the elimination before the Mineiro.
The coaching staff headed by Miguel Ángel Russo and the team that was in Brazil today left the downtown hotel where they comply with the isolation and went directly to field number one of the Pedro Pompilio property, where the Boquense board of directors made to leave the premises absolutely all the employees of the club so that the health bubble is not violated.
This is the first practice for the "Xeneize" squad after the match in Belo Horizonte.
After the training, the rigorous PCR will be carried out on the staff and coaching staff.
Meanwhile, those close to the Boquense leadership told Télam that "what the club expects is the authorization of the sanitary corridor by the sanitary authorities", while they estimate that "the headlines play or else Boca does not play and will ask postponement ".