A vehicle fire accident occurred in Tin Shui Wai. At 4 o'clock in the morning today (31st), a second-hand Tesla electric car parked in Xinsheng Village on Tianxia Road suddenly caught fire. The owner of the village house on the upper site saw the fire and put out the fire by himself. Fortunately, there were no casualties.
The male owner of the car, surnamed Huang (62 years old), drove home at 1 o'clock this morning and immediately charged the car.
When the incident happened, he was shocked by the loud explosion and awakened from his sleep. He saw Ai drive the fire, hurriedly dragged his throat to put the fire out and called the police.
After investigation by the fire department, it was suspected that the battery of the vehicle involved was overheated and ignited, which is initially believed to be beyond suspicion.
It is known that the Tesla model is Model S. It was purchased from the owner of the car for HK$650,000 half a month ago. It was inspected and repaired at the original factory before delivery. The charging equipment outside the village house was also installed by Tesla's original factory.