These are the Azzurri competing on Wednesday 4 August, at the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- cross-country swimming: 10km women: RACHELE BRUNI.
- golf: Women's first round: LUCREZIA COLOMBOTTO ROSSO, GIULIA MOLINARO.
- athletics: men's 110m hurdles, semifinals: PAOLO DAL MOLIN.
1500m women, semifinals: GAIA SABBATINI.
- Canoe: K1 200m men, heats: MANFREDI RIZZA K1 500m women, heats: FRANCESCA GENZO K2 1000m men, heats: LUCA BECCARO, SAMUELE BURGO
- Sail: Medal race 470 men: GIULIO CALABRO ', GIACOMO FERRARI
- Diving: 10m women platform , qualifications: NOEMI BATKI, SARAH JODOIN DI MARIA
- Sport climbing: women's combined Speed-Bouldering-Lead, qualifications: LAURA ROGORA.
- volleyball: women's quarter-finals: Italy-Serbia
- Track cycling: men's team pursuit, final 1-2: SIMONE CONSONNI, FILIPPO GANNA, FRANCESCO LAMON, JONATHAN MILAN.
- Water polo: men's quarter-finals: Italy-Serbia
- Synchronized swimming: free program duo, final: LINDA CERRUTI COSTANZA FERRO
- Beach volleyball quarter-finals men Italy-Qatar.
These instead are the Tokyo Olympics competitions in which medals are awarded:
- Athletics: 400hs women; 3000 women hedges; men's hammer; 800m men; 200m men.
- Skateboard: Park women - Sailing: 470 men; 470 women. - Boxing: 81kg men.
- Cycling: men's team pursuit.
- Horse riding: individual jump.
- Synchronized swimming: Duo. - Weights: + 109kg men
- Wrestling: Greco-Roman 67kg men and 87kg men; 62kg women
- cross-country swimming: 10km women