A 57-year-old man was indicted for attempted rape and sexual assault on a repeat minor under 15, we learned from the Nantes public prosecutor on Wednesday.
The suspect, a catering employee, was arrested Monday at his home, a shelter in Vertou (Loire-Atlantique).
He was released from Nantes detention center in 2019 after serving a 16-year prison sentence for rape and attempted murder.
Read also Marseille: a police officer from the juvenile brigade imprisoned for rape of a minor
On September 13, he touched the thigh of a 12-year-old girl at the stop of a Nantes tram station as she was leaving college.
He then followed her to her home before giving up on entering.
The next day, he followed a 10-year-old schoolgirl to Saint-Sébastien-sur-Loire as she took the bus home from school.
This time he had managed to rush after him inside his home.
The girl, who rushed to the second floor of the house, showed courage by screaming, banging and pushing the man to flee,
" said prosecutor Renaud Gaudeul.
Read also The horror of rape of children to order
The investigators worked from DNA analyzes. "
His arrest took place the very morning of his identification
", according to the prosecutor. The person, who previously lived in Maine-et-Loire, had been convicted three times for indecent assault at the end of the 1980s, then for acts of sexual assault, in particular on minors under 15 years, in 1998 then in 2000. He was then sentenced in 2010 to 16 years of criminal imprisonment by the Assize Court of Maine-et-Loire for rape and attempted murder. When he was released from prison, he was placed under an electronic bracelet and was the subject of socio-judicial follow-up for ten years. "
He also had an obligation of inhibitory drug treatment
," said the prosecutor.