After the RER B on Monday, it is the RER A which is experiencing difficulties this Wednesday due to an electrical problem.
Traffic is interrupted between Cergy-le Haut / Poissy and Nanterre-prefecture "due to an electrical supply fault in Sartrouville" identified as early as Tuesday evening, explains SNCF, in charge of this part of the line.
At first, the resumption of traffic was hoped for at the end of the evening, at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, before being postponed to 9:30 a.m., then noon on Wednesday, before being again postponed to 4 p.m., according to a last estimate.
Rail shuttles run between Cergy – Le Haut and Poissy.
The rest of the line is experiencing disruptions due to this incident.
❌Traffic is interrupted between Cergy – Le Haut / Poissy and Nanterre-Préfecture due to a power supply fault in Sartrouville.
Resumption estimated at 4:00 p.m.
⚠️Traffic is disrupted on the rest of the line.
- RER A (@RER_A) September 22, 2021
Transilien lists some alternative route tips for those who need to travel.
"Travelers wishing to travel between Paris and:
- Houilles Carrières or Poissy, are invited to take line J - Paris Saint-Lazare - Poissy - Mantes la Jolie axis.
- Conflans Fin d'Oise are invited to take a train from line J - Paris Saint-Lazare - Conflans Sainte Honorine - Mantes la Jolie axis
- Neuville Université are invited to take a train on line J - Paris Saint-Lazare - Pontoise - Gisors axis serving Eragny Neuville station, 1.2 km from Neuville Université.
- Cergy are invited to take a line H train between Paris Nord and Pontoise, then the city buses serving the agglomeration of Cergy.
The SNCF specifies that “the incident began on Tuesday evening around 9 pm with the tearing of a catenary and a pantograph at Maisons Laffite, near the Sartrouville signaling station. A train was blocked and the passengers were evacuated. The current gradually resumed around 11:30 p.m., with alternative routes. The teams worked all night to assess the damage and repair the catenary. Investigations are underway to identify the cause of the accident ”.