The second meeting of the Sichuan-Hong Kong High-level Meeting and the Sichuan-Hong Kong Cooperation Conference was held in Sichuan today (23rd).
Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor led the Chief Secretary for Administration Li Jiachao and other officials to reach consensus on 12 areas of cooperation with Sichuan.
Among them, the two places will promote exchanges between civil servants and share management experience in public services.
Lam Cheng expressed his support for deepening cooperation between the MTR, the city government and the Chengdu Rail Transit Group, and exploring cooperation opportunities for properties along the Chengdu Rail Transit line and the development of station business.
Carrie Lam pointed out: "The Sichuan-Hong Kong cooperation meeting mechanism was formally established by the current government in May 2018 with the Sichuan Provincial People's Government, which has built an important platform for cooperation between Sichuan and Hong Kong. The two places can be held twice in more than three years. It is indeed commendable to hold high-level meetings, especially when the two sides are still unremittingly promoting each other's economic and trade exchanges during the epidemic. Hong Kong will continue to use its own strengths and take advantage of the east wind of the construction of the Chengdu-Chongqing region's twin-city economic circle to seek cooperation with Sichuan Province. Mutual benefit and win-win results will allow the development of Sichuan and Hong Kong to flourish and take it to the next level."
At the meeting, the Chief Secretary for Administration Li Jiachao and the Vice Governor of Sichuan Province Li Yunze signed the "Memorandum of Sichuan-Hong Kong High-level Meeting and the Second Meeting of "Sichuan-Hong Kong Cooperation Meeting"", covering 12 areas of cooperation between Sichuan and Hong Kong. "One Road" construction and economics and trade, finance, "aviation, shipping and logistics", innovation and technology, legal professional services, cultural creativity and tourism, art and sports, youth exchanges, education, health and Chinese medicine, civil service exchanges, to facilitate Hong Kong people in Mainland development.
Upgrading and transforming the "One Stop" platform for Hong Kong people in Sichuan
Among them, under the coordination of the Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council, the two places will jointly promote the exchange of civil servants between Sichuan and Hong Kong, and share the management experience and professional knowledge of public services. In addition, the two places will upgrade the “One Stop” platform for Hong Kong people in Sichuan. Actively implement the national policy to facilitate the development of Hong Kong people in the Mainland and the implementation of the convenience measures of Sichuan Province, and continue to create a convenient environment for Hong Kong people to develop, study, live, and travel in Sichuan.
Support the MTR to explore the development of properties along the rolling road in Chengdu
In addition, Lam Cheng expressed his support for the MTR to deepen cooperation with the Chengdu Municipal Government and Chengdu Rail Transit Group, accelerate the pace of cooperation in rail projects, and explore cooperation opportunities for properties along the Chengdu rail transit and the development of station business.
At the same time, Sichuan companies are also encouraged to list in Hong Kong and use Hong Kong's capital market and financial services for green and sustainable investment, financing and certification.
Lin Zheng made an opening speech at the meeting.
(Information Services Department)
Sichuan will support Hong Kong's TCM hospital plan
At the meeting, the two places also signed the "Memorandum on Further Promoting Sichuan-Hong Kong Economic and Trade Cooperation", "Traditional Chinese Medicine Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement" and "The Sichuan Provincial Department of Education and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Vocational Training Bureau comprehensively deepen the Sichuan-Hong Kong Vocational Education Cooperation Agreement."
Among them, the contents of strategic cooperation in Chinese medicine include:
(1) The two parties jointly promote the high-quality development and cooperation of Sichuan and Hong Kong traditional Chinese medicine.
(2) Strengthen the exchange and training of traditional Chinese medicine talents between Sichuan and Hong Kong. Every year, Sichuan and Hong Kong select a group of outstanding Chinese medicine talents to exchange and study, carry out traditional Chinese medicine technical training and cultural exchanges, promote resource sharing, and cultivate talents together.
(3) Coordinating the two parties' traditional Chinese medicine medical institutions, universities, scientific research institutes, enterprises, etc., to carry out in-depth cooperation in the fields of Chinese medicine technological innovation, production technology, and standard setting.
(4) Promote the interconnection of Chinese medicine trade between the two parties under the framework of their respective laws and regulations, continuously enrich and innovate the exchange model of Sichuan-Hong Kong Chinese medicine and health industry, and carry out cooperation in the export of Chinese medicinal materials, Chinese medicine medical services and health tourism.
(5) Sichuan fully supports Hong Kong in preparing for the first Chinese medicine hospital, so as to realize the complementary advantages and resource sharing of the development of Chinese medicine in the two places.
Official Lin Zheng met Chuan︱ lamented that “dark violence” hurts the feelings of mainlanders. The National Security Law will strengthen relations in the future. Lin Zhengming will visit Chengdu, Chongqing, and Xi’an for a week and adjourn next week.