The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Complaint dismissed after fatal shooting at refugee

2021-10-12T09:45:26.312Z

After fatal shots at a refugee in 2019 by a police officer in Stade, the public prosecutor in Celle rejected another complaint against the closure of the proceedings as unfounded. The police officer announced on Tuesday that the police officers' use of a firearm was justified by self-defense.



After fatal shots at a refugee in 2019 by a police officer in Stade, the public prosecutor in Celle rejected another complaint against the closure of the proceedings as unfounded.

The police officer announced on Tuesday that the police officers' use of a firearm was justified by self-defense.

Stade / Celle - According to the police, the asylum seeker from Afghanistan attacked police officers with an iron bar on August 17, 2019 in the Bützfleth district of Stade in a refugee accommodation. After the use of pepper spray was unsuccessful, one of the officers shot the 19-year-old to stop the attack. The man died a short time later. A citizens' initiative, the Lower Saxony Refugee Council and the brother of the victim then campaigned to clarify what had happened.

The public prosecutor's office in Celle initially granted a first complaint by the brother against the termination of the investigation in June 2020 and commissioned the public prosecutor's office in Stade with further investigations.

These had confirmed the information provided by the police officer, said the public prosecutor's office and referred to the expert examination by forensic doctors and the Lower Saxony State Criminal Police Office of traces from the apartment, clothing and the gunshot channels in the body of the deceased.

also read

Crimes against 16-year-olds: perpetrators from the dead?

The death of a young person in the Bautzen district is a violent crime - that much is clear.

So far, however, there have been more questions than answers about the exact course of events.

Crimes against 16-year-olds: perpetrators from the dead?

Crimes against 16-year-olds - perpetrators from the vicinity of the dead?

The death of a young person in the Bautzen district is a violent crime - that much is clear.

So far, however, there have been more questions than answers about the exact course of events.

Crimes against 16-year-olds - perpetrators from the vicinity of the dead?

After finding a dead person in Ahrensburg, the police are looking for a cell phone

Officials of the riot police and the Lübeck homicide commission want to look for evidence in the case of the 23-year-old woman killed in Ahrensburg in the Stormarn district on Thursday.

The police and public prosecutor announced on Wednesday that it was particularly about the cell phone of those killed.

The search will focus particularly on the area around the Ahrensburg-Gartenholz train station, said a police spokesman.

After finding a dead person in Ahrensburg, the police are looking for a cell phone

After the further investigations were then discontinued in December 2020, the brother filed another complaint, which has now been rejected.

A shot at a "kneeling, lying or backward reclining victim", as stated in the complaint, could be ruled out after the investigation, said the Public Prosecutor General.

It corresponds to the legal situation to discontinue the proceedings due to insufficient suspicion.

Just about a week ago, a refugee was killed in a police operation in an asylum seekers' accommodation, also in the Stade district.

The 40-year-old man from Sudan, who had mental health problems, was shot dead by police.

According to the police, he is said to have previously threatened the officers with a knife.

The Stade public prosecutor is investigating the case.

dpa

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2021-10-12

Similar news:

You may like

News/Politics 2021-10-12T09:45:26.312Z
Life/Entertain 2021-10-27T08:50:10.372Z
Life/Entertain 2021-10-29T21:32:15.178Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy