The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Scandal at Commerzbank: masked people steal 4.6 million from the locker - the case is now being reopened

2021-10-22T14:23:15.221Z

In February 2018, several men in disguise entered Commerzbank on Promandeplatz - and stole 4.6 million euros. The case will be opened again at the regional court on Tuesday.



In February 2018, several men in disguise entered Commerzbank on Promandeplatz - and stole 4.6 million euros.

The case will be opened again at the regional court on Tuesday.

  • In the Commerzbank on Promenadeplatz, 4.6 million euros have disappeared without a trace

  • A bank employee and two men are said to have stolen the money

  • You now have to answer again before the district court

Munich - It is one of the most mysterious criminal cases in recent years!

A total of 4.6 million euros were stolen from the Commerzbank branch on Munich's Promenadeplatz in February 2018.

But to this day, the perpetrators have not been determined - and the money has never surfaced again.

Munich: Rich Russian woman had stored the millions in a bank safe

A rich Russian woman had stored the millions in safe deposit boxes at the bank.

Video surveillance footage shows how hooded perpetrators entered the bank - after which the money was gone.

Starting next week, a new attempt is to be made to clear up the criminal events in Commerzbank.

From Tuesday on, the district court will hear the case for the second time.

A bank employee and two alleged accomplices are accused of stealing nearly 4.6 million euros from the compartments.

The banker is said to have provided the men with insider knowledge and given them access to the bank branch.

This is how the Munich I public prosecutor determined.

+

The Commerzbank branch on Promenadeplatz

© Oliver Bodmer

The case had already landed in court in January 2020.

At that time, a total of seven suspects were charged, but four of them have now been acquitted.

The proceedings against the three now defendants were suspended because, from the point of view of the regional court, “extensive follow-up investigations” were necessary.

The problem of the judiciary: The rich Russian could not be tracked down at first - but her testimony is crucial in the criminal case.

+

Bank employee Silvia F. is the main suspect in the case

© Archive

Curious: The main suspect in the case, bank employee Silvia F., was re-employed in the bank in November 2020.

Because she had won a lawsuit before the labor court.

After that she was even allowed to go back to her old branch on Promenadeplatz.

But from Tuesday she will have to take a seat in the dock.

The district court has scheduled around 30 days of negotiations for the trial of the theft of millions.

The charge is "serious gang theft".

The judgment could therefore be made at the beginning of June 2022.

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2021-10-22

You may like

Life/Entertain 2021-10-26T13:10:17.685Z
News/Politics 2021-11-04T07:42:59.973Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy