The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Acute liver failure in the mainland of Pentecost was transferred to the emergency department of the hospital until the deceased family members cried and complained that there was no medical supervision


The tragedy of patients "waiting to die" in the accident and emergency department again in public hospitals! A newly fathered 50-year-old Hong Kong man was admitted to Guangzhou Hospital due to acute liver failure in August this year. He later decided to take an ambulance back to Hong Kong for treatment. He was in critical condition at that time.

The tragedy of patients "waiting to die" in the accident and emergency department again in public hospitals!

A new father from a Pentecostal Hong Kong man was admitted to Guangzhou Hospital due to acute liver failure in August this year. He then decided to take an ambulance back to Hong Kong for treatment. He was already in critical condition and was classified as Category III when he arrived at Tuen Mun Hospital. In the emergency case, after waiting for several hours in the emergency room, relatives and friends finally found that the body was cold and stiff, and was later certified dead.

The family cried out that the deceased did not leave a word or a word, but was separated from his 100-day-old son Tianren forever, "I have waited for so many years to finally have a child, and there is no way to watch him grow up...because of such an accident, it caused an accident. The family is scattered.”

Although the autopsy report has not been released and the cause of death is still unknown, the family questioned the death of the deceased being forgotten by the hospital. They filed five major accusations. Among them, the deceased was not monitored personally for at least 4 hours, and he could not know that his condition had deteriorated.

Tuen Mun Hospital felt sorry for the patient's death and mentioned that the Accident and Emergency Department originally planned to review the patient's X-ray examination results and then transfer the patient to an isolation ward for treatment.

Further reading:

After the outbreak, at least three accident and emergency departments waited until the death of the family members of the case, hoping to set up real-time life support equipment to prevent a repeat

Huang Runquan, 55, suffers from diabetes and hypertension, and has regular follow-up visits in public hospitals.

He is a China-Hong Kong driver and his wife lives in Huizhou. He returned to the mainland on June 4 this year to accompany his pregnant wife.

At the beginning of August, he was in a hospital in Huizhou due to abdominal pain. He was suspected of pancreatitis. He went to a hospital in Guangzhou one week later. The initial diagnosis was acute liver failure, hepatic coma, cardiac arrest, and a critical condition.

However, Huang Yunquan still hopes to return to Hong Kong for medical treatment. After completing the new crown virus test on August 17, he was sent directly to Shenzhen Bay Port by ambulance the next day, and then sent directly to the Accident and Emergency Department of Tuen Mun Hospital by Hong Kong medical staff.

Medical staff waiting outside the emergency room of the family members to complete the new coronavirus test

He arrived at the hospital at more than 1 pm that day. He was sane and able to respond normally. He was classified as a third-level emergency case and was assigned to the emergency room 9A ward. The doctors told his family members, including his brother-in-law, Mr. Zeng, to stay in the ward only. Waiting outside, because the patient has to wait for the new coronavirus test.

At around 2 pm, Huang Runquan underwent ECG, blood sugar, hemoglobin and X-ray examinations.

More than an hour later, he was pushed back to ward 9A by the medical staff. After that, no staff member had personally taken care of Huang Runquan. He was only observing through the video system through the iPad, and his family members could only wait outside the room.

It was not until 7:50 in the evening when the family stolen into the ward to put the daily necessities, only to find Huang Runquan "Huang Runquan only had cold hands, but there was no response when he patted the channel. He pressed down the carotid artery and felt depressed and felt bad." He immediately notified the medical staff. The patient passed away at 8:18.

The Guangzhou Hospital had reminded the deceased that there was a high risk of transfer, and hepatic coma, disturbance of consciousness, respiratory and cardiac arrest would occur at any time.

Mr. Tsang said that the deceased insisted on returning to Hong Kong for medical treatment because he had confidence in the Hong Kong medical system.

My nephew cried: After so many years, I finally have a kid, but I can’t watch him grow up.

The deceased nephew, Ms. Zeng, cried out that Huang Run was all caring and popular, but he passed away before he could explain what happened to him. He left behind his wife and a 100-day-old newborn boy. It’s a great pity that he can’t watch him grow up. It’s a great pity, because such an accident distracted a family." "Contacting his wife that night, I’ll be’s a collapse. Shouting, I totally accept it. My husband is the backbone of the family, BB is born, and her relationship is good. Suddenly a woman grows up with BB." Another deceased nephew, Miss Wu, questioned, and the hospital forgot Huang Runquan, the patient. , Only placed him in a corner of the emergency room, questioning his uncle "died from being forgotten."

Family members and the secretary of the community organization association Peng Hongchang who assisted them raised five questions:

1. There is no medical checkup on the patient for more than 4 hours, and there is no way to know that the condition has deteriorated

Mr. Zeng spent most of his time waiting outside Ward 9A. He mentioned that after the deceased had completed the X-ray examination at 3:15 pm, there was no medical staff to examine him personally.

The hospital replied to a letter from the family members. The nurse noticed the patient's posture change through the video system at 5:50 pm, and the nurse observed that the patient was breathing through the video system at 6:50 pm.

The hospital agreed that if the patient had a life-saving index monitoring device at that time, the doctors and nurses would be able to detect changes in the patient's condition as soon as possible, and expressed their sincere apologies.

Mr. Zeng said that the deceased was taken outside the ward at 4:45 and 7:40 in the afternoon. The two pictures showed that the deceased’s sleeping posture and the position of the urinal in his right hand were the same, and the position of the deceased’s oxygen supply hose was thrown off in both pictures. Unanimously, they questioned why if the nurse monitored the patient, he should have found that his nose and throat were thrown off, why he didn't straighten his throat, and the medical report was mentioning that the deceased needed to smell 4 liters of oxygen.

2. ECG shows early cardiomyopathy

The medical report of Guangzhou Hospital mentioned that the deceased had cardiac arrest at any time, and the ECG of Tuen Mun Hospital at 2:45 pm on August 18 also showed that the patient had arrhythmia (Atrial tachycardia) and suspected cardiomyopathy.

Peng Hongchang criticized that there should be equipment for continuous monitoring of patients and medical staff for further diagnosis and examination, but unfortunately this did not happen.

3. Delay in treatment

The hospital responded to the letter from the family and admitted that the hospital had to rescue multiple critically ill patients in the emergency department from 2 pm to 8 pm on the day of the incident, which caused a slight delay in the services of other non-emergency patients.

Mr. Zeng said that more than 5 o'clock in the afternoon that day, patients in the accident and emergency department who were able to move freely were interviewed by doctors, questioning the hospital's statement.

4. The family members of the deceased were not notified until nearly two hours after their death

The patient left at 8:18 p.m., and the medical staff had notified the police and the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department of the need to dispose of the remains at 9:40 p.m., and did not notify the family members until 10 the same night.

Mr. Zeng recalled that there was a silver lining, "If there is no news, it is good news. The doctor will say something immediately than you can hear it, and it will go away. If you drag it all the way to 10 o'clock, let’s talk about it... I hope we can, but there is no hope.” The hospital explained to the family that the doctor had to examine the patient’s medical records, the report from the mainland, and the inspection report of the hospital to explain to the family, and to understand the family’s feelings and expectations. The doctor did not deliberately conceal it. Delay notification.

5. Confusion of medical information

Family members quoted medical nurses as saying that Huang Runquan had to wait for the new crown virus test results to be released before further follow-up.

However, the hospital did not collect samples for him throughout the afternoon and did not collect samples until after his death.

The hospital's reply to the family letter also mentioned that Huang Runquan was not waiting for the test results, but that the patient entered the mainland from the mainland and was admitted to the local hospital, so he needs to be isolated.

The family retorted that the deceased had a negative result within 48 hours.

The family members hope to convene a coroner's court inquiry as soon as possible to restore the incident.

Tuen Mun Hospital stated that it has set up a team to investigate the incident and propose a series of improvement measures, including re-examining the monitoring criteria for patients in independent consultation rooms, formulating relevant guidelines and reorganizing staffing arrangements to strengthen the care of high-risk patients.

The hospital has also reminded the Accident and Emergency Department to take care of such patients who require independent isolation, in addition to video surveillance, they also need to encrypt the number of in-person visits to provide patients with closer observation and care.

According to the hospital, such emergency cross-border cases that require admission are generally arranged to be admitted to an isolation ward for follow-up treatment after receiving initial treatment in the A&E department, and are tested for novel coronavirus in the isolation ward according to the established guidelines. This case has been It was transferred to the coroner for follow-up, and the hospital has also notified the head office of the Hospital Authority through the early incident notification system.

Tuen Mun Hospital feels sorry for the patient's death and will continue to provide assistance and maintain communication with the patient's family.

60-year-old Han Kwong Wah Hospital’s emergency room died in the waiting area or no one knew the patient for 6.5 hours. The hospital’s emergency room "wait till death" Community Organization Association: The hospital agrees that the process needs to be improved

Source: hk1

All news articles on 2021-11-29

You may like

Trends 24h

News/Politics 2022-01-10T20:15:37.670Z
News/Politics 2022-01-10T22:51:32.362Z


© Communities 2019 - Privacy